Rimworld - strategy base building sci-fi indie game

Associate
My Modlist isn't as decimated as I thought it would be.

Had to disable about 10 mods, the rest are already updated. And I'd wager three quarters of those ten would work, I just don't want to end up screwing my first new game on a script error.

Associate
I'm on the fence as to whether to buy it. It does look to be fun - but from what I've seen it's more of a scenario DLC rather than the other DLCs which add significantly to core mechanics - is that fair?

Soldato
Associate
Even with them scaling it back so you see vanilla (and other DLC events) more often again it's not entirely wrong. This play through has been great and I'm enjoying the new events the first couple of times they show up, but plenty of them I'm not bothered if I only saw them once per play through.

Hopefully there's some decent potential in the split research, invocation and obelisk systems for mods to keep it fresh.

Permabanned
I really wish they'd just expand the core of the game some more and give it some structure. Breath some life into the world and relations with factions. Make diplomacy a thing. You could have some strategy on the globe, territory zones, alliances, caravans/raiders moving about in real time as you do when you setup a caravan. Everything is all too random and spontaneous for my liking now, it's tiresome and boring. And what's with the endless mech-only raids late game?

The mental state mechanics for colonists is also something I've never liked and has become a bit of a deal breaker now. It's just silly some stuff that happens. Colonists going off in a daze in the middle of gunfight, or murderous rages because of 'dirt on floor'. C'mon man.

Not that this should deter anyone new, just an opinion after many, many hours of fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom