S2000 owners advice

Associate
Been seriously hankering after another S2000 so think I might put the Bullitt up for sale and start searching for a good un. Hopefully I've got a mate who can store it for me during the winter months and the plan is to keep it indefinitely. Think a clean little MK7 Fiesta ST would be an ideal little run around to have alongside it and to keep it out the nasty weather.

Assuming 15k is enough to get a decentish one?would like a couple k set aside for some bigger maintenance jobs.

Don
£15k is on the low end of 'decent one' money but can be done. Mine was around that and is very well sorted.
£15k seems to be a bit of a minefield at the moment though. There are lots of utterly shagged ones being sold by dreamers in that price bracket. A few gems too though. It seems that £18k is where all the really good ones are at the moment. No idea whether they are selling for that though. Several I see on AT and PH are still there from when I was looking back in March.

There was one I looked at that had tears in the roof (despite me asking whether they were there and being told "no"), was missing it's oval exhaust surrounds, had a tear in the drivers side arm-rest, and when started sounded like the cam chain was trying to exit the car! "It's mint mate, one of the best out there". Yeah..... no.

Last edited:
Associate
I could afford to go higher for the right one but just have a bit of a mental block approaching the 20k mark for one. Fully aware I'll no doubt end up wasting a fair bit of time sorting through the nails.

Don
Well, I just spent a stupid amount of money......

Ohlins DFV coilovers
Goodrich braided brake lines
Tegiwa master cylinder brace
Enough MT3 to do the transmission fluid
Enough gear oil to do the diff fluid

Soldato
Well, I just spent a stupid amount of money......

Ohlins DFV coilovers
Goodrich braided brake lines
Tegiwa master cylinder brace
Enough MT3 to do the transmission fluid
Enough gear oil to do the diff fluid
ohlins are epic to be honest so money well spent.

mine is in for some work..

valve clearances
fast road/track alignment
valve cover gasket
high boil brake fluid
front and rear lower bushes splitting so replaced with powerflex purples

near £1k bill

but.. this is the biggest bill bar servicing since I got it in 2018 lol.

Last edited:
Don
They really are pretty reliable cars. Nothing went wrong with my last one in the 5 years and 40k miles I had it. All I did was change fluids, consumables, do clearances, and put fuel in it.
Hopefully this one will be much the same, although when I had my last one it was only 5 years old when I got it. This one is 19 years old and so things are bound to fail at some point.

Back
Top Bottom