Serious lack of decent cases at the moment?

Associate
OP
Right then - i have ordered myself the V2100B and a few other bits, lets hope its here for Friday (my day off - woopee!) and i shall post a new thread with plenty of images and my thoughts etc.

When buying this case i found a severe lack of reviews etc. My friend has just bought some crazy 8 mega pixel camera - so ill be able to post decent images too!

Soldato
schizo3177 said:
sup ppl,new to this forum stuff and whas wondering if any of you would help me!.....just got a dell dimension 9100 pc and i cant get the side panel off!...there is a lock on the top but they didnt issue me with a key(its under warranty for 3 years) and i wanna put another h/d in and change the g/c......any help would be great...thnx ppl...schizo.

The temptation to say RTFM is almost overwhelming, BUT...

1. You stepped into someone else's thread (a little rude).

2. On the latest models there is a catch on top that you pull back and the RHS side panel slides off towards the back of the machine. On the older ones there is a push button on the top that pushes in and you open the case like a suitcase. If you read the manual/help file that is installed on the hard disk it will tell you how to open the case with pictures.

If it's new from the factory, then it's not locked. I seem to remember that keys are an optional extra on Optiplexes, I don't know about Dimensions.

Soldato
richieboy said:
Right then - i have ordered myself the V2100B and a few other bits, lets hope its here for Friday (my day off - woopee!) and i shall post a new thread with plenty of images and my thoughts etc.

When buying this case i found a severe lack of reviews etc. My friend has just bought some crazy 8 mega pixel camera - so ill be able to post decent images too!

Nice choice, with the Lian Li 2000's just look at the 1000 reviews for the idea.

And WJA96; its perfectly fine to ask a question in this thread, if if it is totally irrelevent. The dell case thread might have been better, or starting a new one. But it is fine to say that in here as he has not broken any of the rules as far as I know, give him a bit of a break - im sure he wont do it again.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nixeh said:
Why not build your own, thats what im doing. Got my dremel through the door today. Im looking forward to starting building it within a couple of days.

Nah, im in no way that good with my hands - im much better with my debit card :p

Soldato
Yewen said:
And WJA96; its perfectly fine to ask a question in this thread, if if it is totally irrelevent. The dell case thread might have been better, or starting a new one. But it is fine to say that in here as he has not broken any of the rules as far as I know, give him a bit of a break - im sure he wont do it again.

Whoa! What happened, get out of the wrong side of your aluminium bed this morning? :D

Maybe I was a little flippant, but I NEVER mean to cause offence and I did answer the guy's question politely.

Soldato
Sorry mate, I had just got off the phone to a idiot so needed to vent my anger on someone, so choose you :D

Sorry about that, no offence was meant there either!

And I dont have a aluminium bed incase I scratched it and made it not mint! ;)

Soldato
I have not seen any nice new cases in a long long time, where did the days of the CM201, 101, 110 go? The only half decent case to be seen in the last few years is the lian li v1000

Back
Top Bottom