Stellar Blade | OT |

Associate
Man, I am genuinely worried that I can't beat the final boss
Lilly
on NG+/Hard
All the punches look the same, I can't predict whether I'm free to attack, need to dodge or when the next block is :(

Also, interesting question that came to me.
We all know it's an awesome game, but what DIDN'T you like?

For me...
* No map in each location and also can't add map waypoints.
* Scanner should have been much more vivid when highlighting stuff
* The gun seems really useless and tacked on as a gameplay mechanic
* Didn't like how the bosses became more 'magical' near the end, instead of just biological badasses
Yup, that final sequence of 3 ( or 4 ) bosses is very hard.The last one mixes up his attack pattern, which makes it harder to predict what to do. Just make sure your gear/equipment is set for maximising beta/burst recharge as you'll be needing those skills ( and tachy mode ) to interrupt sequences you find it diffcult to counter. Plus, you only need to reduce his health pool to a third for the last phase to kick in which is almost impossible to fail.

Soldato
You have some tools to help with it.

You can open the fight with explosive shot spam, which should knock out most of the shield right away.

You can use stun grenades to knock over giving you an opening to attack (or heal).

you can use the circle beta move (right one) to knock over and stun as well.

Those 3 things are pretty good at getting you off to a good start at least!

I managed this fight with no gear or exospines and skinsuit (so no shield) in NG+ hard. It's doable but man you get smashed to bits if you get hit more than once or twice :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that's another 20 attempts where I didn't get the health any further down than about 90% :(
It's ok guys, don't need any more advice, I can either do it or not, just venting !!

There's 2 main issues...

1) I can't get past the flailing and just random flapping nature that this chuffing
mech
does while attacking.
I've built it up in my mind as unbeatable and I just can't see what to do next and panic whereas literally every other boss in the game I sussed out after 5 or 6 goes.
(Oh yeah, and there's definitely a blink bug, that's one of the attack patterns I have got down and I do my blink with PLENTY of time and it always fails, maybe a PS5 reboot is needed)

2) I'm getting bored of all the deaths :(
I can literally feel my mind and my moves getting slower as I start to care less and less about getting over the finish line.

Oh yeah and another thing to add to the list of things I don't like about the game.
For the love of god, put the restart points for failing boss battles closer to the actual boss battle.
I'm specifically looking at you
Tachy Naytiba

Vent complete !! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
You’re scaring me now I’ve still not gone to the last area on ng+ hard. Not died to any boss so far but it sounds like it’s going to get a lot harder! Got all the cans except 2 which are in space. Finishing up some last sides then I’ll head off.

Soldato
Final run of bosses is a lot harder, in particular the fight that Moonpie2 is on. I think they could do with tuning it because a couple of times I died on that fight and I didn't even know what killed me it was so sudden!

It's still doable though, but what I said above for tips +
tachy mode abuse where possible (L1 + triangle spam aka spin to win)
+ don't be afraid to use WMD pumps, purist runs may say you can't but I used them on the last bosses where needed.

I still think some of the bosses in Sekiro wound up being harder than this one in terms of retries, but in the end this boss felt a bit more unfair than the Sekiro ones at times, as you can learn the patterns and overcome them, even it takes 50-100 tries to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
For what it's worth, I am getting it down to about 60% health and trigger the 2nd phase quite constantly now.

Still, the time this is taking and the 20 second walk back to the boss after every fail has not been fun :p

Last edited:
Associate
The run back was OK similar when I faced Isshin in Sekiro.

You don't need to get way lower than 60% to trigger ending, but can't remember what % it was that did it.
From memory, I think you have to reduce the health pool by ~30% to reach phase 2 then by another 30% to reach phase 3 - which is basically game over. You can just spam abilities at that point. There is a timer ( which I never noticed the first time I beat this boss ) during which you have to do a certain amount of damage - I guess if you dont succeed you lose. But it's almost impossible to fail.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tachy triangle spam is good I use it a lot. There is a decent v2 spine to prolong it as well. Judgement. I am at the Spire now. All fish done and 1 can left to find.

Soldato
Phew.... did it.... :D

And the weird thing is that even though it took like 60+ attempts, the final winning battle was a cake-walk.
Barely broke a sweat. How odd !!

Now I await Boss Rush Mode :D

Back
Top Bottom