The Indoor Riding/ Zwift/ TrainerRoad etc. Thread

Soldato
There's now a new version called MyWhoosh Go for lower spec PCs
Spotted that going to try it next time.
Other than that it worked fine, connected everything up first time no issues.

If you look on the MyWhoosh Facebook page they're doing some Aldi style advertising right now.
Feature coming soon looks to import your Zwift stuff into Whoosh.
A lot of people seem to have made the change.

Last edited:
Soldato
First TR ramp test done.
This was more difficult to get working than I expected...
Multiple firmware upgrades/downgrades on the wattbike, but no power readings coming through... then a lightbulb went on and I did the zero reset, and that sorted that.

However... TR really seemed to battle with controlling the wattbike power for the first few minutes. It was all over the show - then it settled down and worked pretty well.
(I had tried smoothing on 3s and 0sec in previous attempts with no difference).

A few pages back I was having an issue with the watts in TR being super erratic and my graphs looked like a worse version of yours. Realised it was because I was using my pedals as a power source and the Kickr as the controllable. I've since changed my set up so that power and controller is set to the Kickr and I just use my pedals for cadence. Seemed to have solved everything for me. Not sure if you have multiple devices doing the same thing?

MyWoosh is really hardware demanding, I have to run it on minimum settings for all 3 settings. Still really low FPS as well. It's free though.

Sort of puts me off trying it. Though I think it rules out a lot of them for me. The faff of having to bring out my gaming laptop to the shed is just another thing to set up. The laptop I've left in the shed runs TR just fine. It could run Zwift at 1080p 30FPS but that was about it. I got spoilt running Zwift on a 3090 desktop for a while lol.

Last edited:
Associate
A few pages back I was having an issue with the watts in TR being super erratic and my graphs looked like a worse version of yours. Realised it was because I was using my pedals as a power source and the Kickr as the controllable. I've since changed my set up so that power and controller is set to the Kickr and I just use my pedals for cadence. Seemed to have solved everything for me. Not sure if you have multiple devices doing the same thing?

Sort of puts me off trying it. Though I think it rules out a lot of them for me. The faff of having to bring out my gaming laptop to the shed is just another thing to set up. The laptop I've left in the shed runs TR just fine. It could run Zwift at 1080p 30FPS but that was about it. I got spoilt running Zwift on a 3090 desktop for a while lol.
Nope, no other power sources. Only paired devices are the Polar HRM and the wattbike.

Associate

Don’t worry about the graphs. The power meters will always give variation from their real readings just like you see when outside riding. The KickR is just smoothing the power lots to make a nicer graph. If you pair the PWM directly, just focus on keeping a consistent cadence and the erg and ramp tests will be the same.

(Though I do miss the nicer graphs )

Associate
Don’t worry about the graphs. The power meters will always give variation from their real readings just like you see when outside riding. The KickR is just smoothing the power lots to make a nicer graph. If you pair the PWM directly, just focus on keeping a consistent cadence and the erg and ramp tests will be the same.

(Though I do miss the nicer graphs )
It's not the graphs. The actual resistance was all over the place. Graph showed power accurately according to the pain in my legs :D

Soldato
I tried MyWhoosh this evening. I think I got 0.4 miles before it crashed... something about the Unreal engine. What's the next option? Rouvy I guess? Any other Zwift alternatives?
Took me trying a few different short routes to find that wouldn't crash while loading on my Mi A2 mobile last night, using low options, before finding Mompox City loaded ok.

Still need to try Indie Velo beta, even though I signed up ages ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried MyWhoosh this evening. I think I got 0.4 miles before it crashed... something about the Unreal engine. What's the next option? Rouvy I guess? Any other Zwift alternatives?
I did a Rouvy 7 day free trial. I liked it although given the time zone I am in I found it a bit barren, you can ride with bots but its not the same. My regular Sunday morning real life ride is on there though which is pretty cool. I can always get a well populated Zwift race or group ride any time of the day so I'm sticking with it, they also haven't pushed the price up here. Yet.
Rouvy seem to be reacting to Zwifts price hikes in Europe, they are featuring heavily on social media adverts for me.

Soldato
Do Aerobic intervals ever get easier? I did this, this morning

Trainer Road said:
Pisgah is 2 sets of 3x2-minute VO2max intervals at 125% FTP.
Recovery between intervals is 4 minutes long and between sets of intervals is 8 minutes long.

And that final interval kicked my ass. The 2 minutes felt like 4 and the 4 minutes felt like 2 :p Probably doesn't help TR boosted my FTP on Sunday so it was that little bit harder still.

It's all fun and games with the VO2Max sessions when they were 30 seconds on and 15-20 seconds off but 2 minutes just felt like a slog :cry:

Associate
for the record, problem now seems to be sorted out.
Graphs are still a bit ragged but always within a few watts of the target.

Soldato
for the record, problem now seems to be sorted out.
Graphs are still a bit ragged but always within a few watts of the target.

How are you finding the platform? I've a friend who wants to train and keeps trying the Zwift ones but failing after a few weeks. Keep telling him to give TR a go and just see how he gets on but he says it looks too dull.

Personally, I love it

Soldato
Do Aerobic intervals ever get easier? I did this, this morning

And that final interval kicked my ass. The 2 minutes felt like 4 and the 4 minutes felt like 2 :p Probably doesn't help TR boosted my FTP on Sunday so it was that little bit harder still.

It's all fun and games with the VO2Max sessions when they were 30 seconds on and 15-20 seconds off but 2 minutes just felt like a slog :cry:
If your FTP is set reasonably correct, the intervals don't get easier, you get faster. ;)

But your recovery between 125% efforts should improve with practice.

I can't remember the definite FTP % (110?), but best gains are supposed to be from 4x8min intervals, with ~3mins recovery between efforts. According to Dylan Johnson.

Last edited:
Associate
How are you finding the platform? I've a friend who wants to train and keeps trying the Zwift ones but failing after a few weeks. Keep telling him to give TR a go and just see how he gets on but he says it looks too dull.

Personally, I love it
Still quite early into a program but it is well structured and achievable. I don't like that it's committing me to an hour a day, sometimes 1.5 hours rather than more, shorter workouts but it is what it is...

I don't look at it much, attention is much more focused on the tablet with netflix :D

Back
Top Bottom