The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Soldato
Not the biggest surprise considering his injuries. When fit to play he's good and only 31. I thought he was a year or two older. I think its his wages that have been the biggest block against club offering him a new deal. Ineos would have wanted to reduce his wages significantly to reflect his poor availability and Varane wouldn't have wanted to drop his wages as much as Utd wanted him to.

I think there's a good chance Casemiro goes too. The wages paid to the two of them must be well over £600-700k a week? Casemiro's mistakes and Varane's injuries means they aren't justifying their combined wages. I wonder who would take Casemiro on with his wages or will Utd release him and then pay the difference in wages until the end of his contract?
Think you're stuck with Casimero mind (and Anthony for that matter). They won't and shouldn't have to take a pay cut and they've hardly shown what they can give to a team this term have they? Is any manager of any team in Europe looking at them thinking, aye they'll be great additions to my side. Unless they are prepared to let them leave without a fee but that's equally unlikely. Maybe Saudi is an option for them but that's got to be a last choice for a player I would think. **** situation for the club but one entirely of their own making.

Soldato
Think you're stuck with Casimero mind (and Anthony for that matter). They won't and shouldn't have to take a pay cut and they've hardly shown what they can give to a team this term have they? Is any manager of any team in Europe looking at them thinking, aye they'll be great additions to my side. Unless they are prepared to let them leave without a fee but that's equally unlikely. Maybe Saudi is an option for them but that's got to be a last choice for a player I would think. **** situation for the club but one entirely of their own making.
Forgot about Antony. Don't think he's on Varane/Casemiro wages but he's not justifying his salary either. Martial is getting released isn't he so that could be nearly a million a week saved in wages. Crazy to think that three players who haven't performed could save the club over £50m a year on the wage bill.

All the club's fault for signing older players (Casemiro and Varane) who would have demanded high wages. Antony though, the amount of money paid out in transfers and the performances he's given! :eek:

Soldato
Not the biggest surprise considering his injuries. When fit to play he's good and only 31. I thought he was a year or two older. I think its his wages that have been the biggest block against club offering him a new deal. Ineos would have wanted to reduce his wages significantly to reflect his poor availability and Varane wouldn't have wanted to drop his wages as much as Utd wanted him to.

I think there's a good chance Casemiro goes too. The wages paid to the two of them must be well over £600-700k a week? Casemiro's mistakes and Varane's injuries means they aren't justifying their combined wages. I wonder who would take Casemiro on with his wages or will Utd release him and then pay the difference in wages until the end of his contract?

I think both are likely to head to the middle east so wages are unlikely to be an issue.... Martial can follow them as well.

Soldato
I think both are likely to head to the middle east so wages are unlikely to be an issue.... Martial can follow them as well.
Is it official yet that Martial is being released? Thought it was. Loved Martial when he first arrived but he's performed terribly, on and off pitch, since then. Can leave with my blessings now.

Soldato
Is it official yet that Martial is being released? Thought it was. Loved Martial when he first arrived but he's performed terribly, on and off pitch, since then. Can leave with my blessings now.

Nothing official but he needs gone asap.... He's been so unfit/so many injuries and taken £100k a week in the last 5 years...Not sure i'd give any "blessings" :cry:

Back
Top Bottom