• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I'm getting random black screens on the display port monitor that basically drops the signal, can still here game sounds and after a couple of seconds it's it comes back. No driver crash or error log entry, stated right after installing the drivers having never done anything like it before. Reverting back to the previous version I think.

Associate
installed the latest driver via clean installation and came back to a blank screen after reboot.

Anyone else had this issue?

I have to boot into safe mode and use ddu to clean and then install dirver normally to get it to work.

Thankfully i have an igpu.

Soldato
installed the latest driver via clean installation and came back to a blank screen after reboot.

Anyone else had this issue?

I have to boot into safe mode and use ddu to clean and then install dirver normally to get it to work.

Thankfully i have an igpu.
Can I ask what refresh rate and resolution you use?
I ask because I've had an issue like this running 4K @ 144Hz. I'm not sure if it's solved it by dropping to 120Hz, but (at least prior to typing this) it had made it not black screen 100% of the time.

Soldato
Is anyone getting random small black artifacts when web browsing with Nvidia drivers when using Windows 11 and Edge? Ive had this for months with all different drivers. It does not happen anywhere else apart from web browsing
Is it this?

If so, workaround is (same for edge):
In Chrome, about:flags and switching ANGLE backend to OpenGL fixes this for now ...

Associate
Is it this?

If so, workaround is (same for edge):
In Chrome, about:flags and switching ANGLE backend to OpenGL fixes this for now ...

Only problem with OpenGL is HDR videos at least on YT no longer work, had to switch back a while ago because of that. Tried again now and HDR is still not working with OpenGL.

Associate
Windows update pushed me 560.38 today, even though I have driver updates off in advanced system settings. I can't find word on the internet about the changes

Soldato
If you don't want Windows eventually pushing them, the only option I've found that will guarantee it is to use the group policy editor and tell it not to include drivers in Windows update. Without that, in my experiance they always eventually sneak back in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never found windows install drivers over the top of mine. (assuming mine are the latest or at least newer than those provided by windows)

The only time I had a problem was a few years ago. I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers as I usually do to do my usual install of new drivers.

However what actually happened was that whilst I was installing the new drivers from the driver package got from the Nvidia website, windows was installing a driver in the background via windows update.

This caused some sort of corruption and I ended up having to clean install windows.

To this day whenever I do a driver update I always make sure to disable my internet connection so that windows doesn't try to be smart again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
GeForce 560.38 Windows Insider

WDDM 3.2

Since shader model 6.8 contains gpu heaps module which translate's data from cpu to gpu vice versa by a low latency subset by using resizeable bar im sure , rebar will be smoother an faster. Can someone test a few titles with rebar enabled games and see how this actully holds up to the information microsoft state's.

GPU Upload Heap: This feature allows the CPU to address the entire GPU VRAM frame buffer, instead of only addressing 256mb chunks, this allows for faster data transfer between CPU and GPU. This feature requires Resizeable Bar to be enabled and supported by the PC.

Back
Top Bottom