****The Official 5G Home Broadband Thread**** (Three/EE/Vodafone/etc)

Caporegime
Yep I agree. It does sound like a placement issue. @Begbie have you popped the zyxel air app on your phone and connected to the WiFi on the router. It'll give you signal stats so useful for finding a suitable spot. FYI it can take a few seconds for the app to update when moving the router.

So I've done this (three app) and I can get a 5g signal, but fairly poor but as the 4g signal is stronger it will still continually switch over.

My phone is consistently receiving 5g, with good speeds.

I've asked to return it as no matter how good a signal I can achieve it will continuously switch over to 4g eventually. Which is a shame as when it's working I'm getting 400meg.

I might try getting the v2, as it might even be something physically wrong with the router after some searching.

Soldato
So I've done this (three app) and I can get a 5g signal, but fairly poor but as the 4g signal is stronger it will still continually switch over.

My phone is consistently receiving 5g, with good speeds.

I've asked to return it as no matter how good a signal I can achieve it will continuously switch over to 4g eventually. Which is a shame as when it's working I'm getting 400meg.

I might try getting the v2, as it might even be something physically wrong with the router after some searching.
Yeah I don't have any experience with the the 5103e model for resellers. There isn't even a firmware I can see for this from Zyxel but they do list the regular non-e model. I don't understand why it would fail back to 4G if the setting is not on auto. It should remain on 5G even with the poor signal. I have the NR5101, and the FWA710 (used to have the NR7101 but that died sadly). I can't find much stock for the other indoor 5G models (i.e FWA510 which replaces the NR5101 iirc).

Caporegime
Yeah I don't have any experience with the the 5103e model for resellers. There isn't even a firmware I can see for this from Zyxel but they do list the regular non-e model. I don't understand why it would fail back to 4G if the setting is not on auto. It should remain on 5G even with the poor signal. I have the NR5101, and the FWA710 (used to have the NR7101 but that died sadly). I can't find much stock for the other indoor 5G models (i.e FWA510 which replaces the NR5101 iirc).

Yeah I seen some other forums saying they had this issue and got the router replaced, which fixed it.

It won't get a signal at all with choosing just 5g bands, but will on auto (for maybe 20 minutes or so) and it'll drop you from games/youtube etc when it happens.

There is the ev2 model, which also doesn't use the 4x4 mimo external antenna - so I can always get a cheaper external antenna.

Back
Top Bottom