Poll: *** The official Mac Studio thread (it has Apple Silicon, lots of ports and everything!) ***

Are you going to buy an Apple Studio?

• Total voters
Don
Interesting.

Memory Updates​

The next ‌Mac Studio‌ and ‌Mac Pro‌ could support as much as 500GB of Unified Memory, up from the current 192GB maximum.

I'll speculate with as much success as them, that it won't, and it'll be far more likely to top out at 256GB

Commissario
OP
It's based on Mark Gurman rumours and to be fair he's right more times than he's wrong.
He’s not though. For example, he predicted that there wasn’t going to be an iPad event.

Actually, his rumours seem to change weekly. One week he’ll say something will happen and a week later, he’ll say the opposite. He therefore covers all bases.

And a lot of the stuff he says is common sense. “The next Apple CPU will be the M4”.

No ****, Sherlock.

I have no time for Gurman.

Man of Honour
He’s not though. For example, he predicted that there wasn’t going to be an iPad event.

Actually, his rumours seem to change weekly. One week he’ll say something will happen and a week later, he’ll say the opposite. He therefore covers all bases.

And a lot of the stuff he says is common sense. “The next Apple CPU will be the M4”.

No ****, Sherlock.

I have no time for Gurman.
A broken clock is right two times a day.

Soldato
I've run out of USB-C ports on my Studio. I've been looking at the Anker Thunderbolt 4 dock and it seems to do everything I need. The only problem is it has an SD-Card slot which is a waste as the Studio has one built in.

Basically I need two USB-A ports to plug in a couple of external SSDs. I think they are USB 3.2 so they don't need a Thunderbolt 4 port. I also have a Blu-ray drive which I think requires two USB-A ports for some strange reason.

I already have a USB-A hub for my keyboard, microphone and (I think) my webcam. I'm just trying to organise things as it is a complete mess at the moment. I've even thought about ditching the two external SSDs and instead getting an external NVMe enclosure and a 4TB NVMe SSD but I'm not sure if I should go for a PCIe 4 or PCIe 5 drive.

Commissario
OP
I've renamed this thread to be a generic Mac Studio thread as it makes sense that way.

I think the announcement of the M4 chip today is probably a good hint that there won't be an M3 Mac Studio and that they'll jump to the M4.

Back
Top Bottom