This is what a neglected loop looks like.......

Associate
On older LGA 115X sockets it was fine to rotate as the socket/cpu was square. However with the new LGA1700 its not really possible as its a rectangular shape. You can still do this with Ryzen cpu's though as they're still square.
He says just the acrylic part though, which confuses me more than it should! Flow must be all over the place.

Soldato
He says just the acrylic part though, which confuses me more than it should! Flow must be all over the place.

Generally you can't just rotate the acrylic part as the ports are designed to flow in and out over specific areas over the jet plate. Like you say though, if he just rotated the acrylic the cooling performance would be all over the place as its not flowing correctly.

Soldato
Just for clarification, with my setup the acrylic top AND the cold plate were both rotated, so the flow and performance are fine. Obvs the mounting holes are rectangular, so only the top and plate were moved, not the metal part that fixes to the mobo. It just looks like the OPs is square as well in the picture (cold plate and acrylic top).

Back
Top Bottom