Travel Insurance whilst on NHS waiting list

Soldato
My daughter (18) is going to travel round Europe for 4 weeks with friends when she had finished her exams.

Since November, she has been on an NHS waiting list to look at her painful periods. As a non urgent referral we've been told to expect a wait of several months.

As a result I simply cannot find any options for travel insurance. Every single one refuses cover once you tick "currently on a waiting list for a consultation or investigation".

Any ideas or suggestions?

There are 7.6 million people on NHS waiting lists at the moment - is it really the case that none of them can get any travel insurance?

Soldato
OP
What about these guys?

Went through the quote process and got "If you are awaiting an initial diagnosis for symptoms you are currently experiencing we are unable to provide cover at all until you have a confirmed diagnosis."

So that would be on a waiting list then.

This is the issue I hit again and again.

Soldato
OP
She has a GHIC card which will cover her for most stuff. If she had a clearly diagnosed condition it would be easy. It's because she is waiting for tests/diagnosis that she is being turned down.

To be honest most of the countries she is visiting have health services in a far better state than the poor old NHS.

Appreciate the help so far!

Back
Top Bottom