UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread QF ** spoilers ** [9th - 11th April 2024]

Soldato
If Liverpool go out, how much damage does it do to the 5th place race?

Just heard them discussing this on the daily pod thing from the beeb

Due to West Ham getting beat and Arsenal drawing in the head to head with Germany as italy have 1st pretty much won. It’s swung it for Germany. Need both sides to turn the ties around really.

1. Italy: 18.714
  2. Germany: 16.928
  3. England: 16.875
  4. Spain: 15.062

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see West Ham turning it around and it's going to be tough for Arsenal away from home, even if Arsenal get through is that enough? Just need Villa to sort their form out to keep the Spuds out.

Edit
Actually as it's so close, Arsenal going through would guarantee an English side in the final so guess that 5th spot does go to us.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't see West Ham turning it around and it's going to be tough for Arsenal away from home, even if Arsenal get through is that enough? Just need Villa to sort their form out to keep the Spuds out.

Edit
Actually as it's so close, Arsenal going through would guarantee an English side in the final so guess that 5th spot does go to us.

If Newcastle can do the double over Spurs and they loose to the big 3, we'll likely get 4th. We're counting more on Spurs loosing then us winning now.

Soldato
They will probably win 4 nil away now, however...
HTDB2iH.jpg

Don

Due to West Ham getting beat and Arsenal drawing in the head to head with Germany as italy have 1st pretty much won. It’s swung it for Germany. Need both sides to turn the ties around really.

It's not as simple as that, although if both sides did go through, it all but guarantees the PL finish above the Bundesliga. If both sides lose then things are still in the balance and who will be favourites will depend on how many other sides from the PL & Bundesliga have progressed.

As long as the PL have at least 2 sides in the next round, I suspect although not certain, the PL will ultimately finish above the Bundesliga.

Associate
Villa played well last night, but Lille where filthy on the counter and Martinez made 3 excellent low saves to keep us ahead. A clear shout for penalty on Watkins was completely ignored and the ref was exceptionally soft on Lille.

Going to be a really tough game next week, especially when you take into account they've not lost at home all season. We desperately need Cash back as Konsa looks to uncomfortable at RB, we just miss him so much in the center.

If they score first I have a disgusting feeling it'll go through to pens...

Caporegime

BL must be strong favourites to win Europa now and if Dortmund win at home against Atletico and Bayern win at home then it must be all wrapped up.

I guess Newcastle and United getting dumped so early messed it all up for everyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom