Upgrade advice

Associate
Hi all,

Looking for advice for new build playing mostly first person shooters such as squad as well as fortnite, 1080p having is fine for resolution and i have no need for peripherals or a case or monitor as have this from my old build I'm pretty much upgrading everything from my old gtx970 build , I'm stuck with finding the best graphics card that would suit my needs more than anything. I was going to go for a 7800xt but now looking at if 16gb vram is even required considering I'm playing at 1080p

Any help would be brilliant!

Cpu ryzen 5 7600
16gb ddr5

Man of Honour
For 1080p, the minimum I'd get is a 6600/7600 or 3060 12GB and I'd usually say a 7800 XT is overkill, but what kind of gamer are you? A lot of shooter gamers start complaining if they can't hit 300 fps.

Associate
OP
For 1080p, the minimum I'd get is a 6600/7600 or 3060 12GB and I'd usually say a 7800 XT is overkill, but what kind of gamer are you? A lot of shooter gamers start complaining if they can't hit 300 fps.
Funnily enough the 3060 12gb is the card that from looking through articles seems more suited to my budget and requirements, as for what I'm after I realise I could have made it clearer when I wrote the first post. I'm looking to basically enjoy playing games instead of facing issues from stuttering and frames dropping, more interested in lag free smooth gameplay and less in chasing crazy fps

Man of Honour
I'm looking to basically enjoy playing games instead of facing issues from stuttering and frames dropping, more interested in lag free smooth gameplay and less in chasing crazy fps
That can be tricky with games like Fortnite because people are having issues for all kinds of reasons and stuttering can be surprisingly subjective, but, if you're talking about raw performance, TPU's database have the 3060 12GB as twice the speed of a GTX 970.

Associate
OP
That can be tricky with games like Fortnite because people are having issues for all kinds of reasons and stuttering can be surprisingly subjective, but, if you're talking about raw performance, TPU's database have the 3060 12GB as twice the speed of a GTX 970.
I'm not actually the fortnite player that's the kids who currently play on switch so I'm pretty sure anything would be seen as an improvement for them lol

Back
Top Bottom