• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading 4090 to 5090 - minimising upgrade cost.

Associate
The xtx was such a better value than anything nvidia put out this generation, that this might be the first time in 15 years I'm going to be actively shopping AMD

My CPU is the bottleneck in iracing VR with my lowly 4080, and it's the fastest gaming cpu out there

IDK. We'll see what their product stacks look like

Soldato
I don't understand this whole thread. Two questions...

Q1. If you have the disposable to afford a 4090 in the first place, why would you be so concerned about prioritising minimising the upgrade cost over just enjoying the card until upgrade time?

Q2. Why is everyone so convinced the 5090 will be well over £2k? The 4090 was roughly the same price as the 3090 and I don't see any reason why the 5090 wouldn't come in at roughly the same price point, say £1800 max for the FE.

Associate
Seems Nvidia is not releasing 5090 soon as per Kopite. Only getting 5080 this year. It looks like Nvidia knows AMD isn't going to have an answer to 4090 so why bother releasing something better?

Caporegime
Seems Nvidia is not releasing 5090 soon as per Kopite. Only getting 5080 this year. It looks like Nvidia knows AMD isn't going to have an answer to 4090 so why bother releasing something better?

Or it's just the rumour mill doing its usual thing, fire out enough crap and eventually they get something right among all they got wrong. Give it a few days and we'll be reading its only the 5070 this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom