Water cooling 2x 5850's?

Associate
Hi,

Never done a water cooled build before and was wondering what equipment is best suited for 2x 5850's. It wont be connected to cpu or anything else. Can anyone reccomend a full plate for the 5850? I see theres a few with different materials and stuff but could someone possibly fill me in with the quick ins and outs (excuse the pun) of the effects of different materials.

Cheers in advance ;)

Caporegime
You need to check if your 5850's are reference design cards or if they're a none standard design.

Generally full cover blocks are only produced for reference design cards as there's so much variation when manufacturers produce their own boards.

Associate
OP
You need to check if your 5850's are reference design cards or if they're a none standard design.

Generally full cover blocks are only produced for reference design cards as there's so much variation when manufacturers produce their own boards.

Not purchased any as of yet :) Any reccomendations?

Soldato
Not purchased any as of yet :) Any reccomendations?

I would strongly recommend the EK blocks (especially the nickel plexi)
Also, if you are going to do a custom liquid cooling loop, you might aswell do you CPU aswell as it's only £40ish extra and will provide silence.

Use THIS before buying the cards to make sure they're compatible.

According to the cooling configurator i posted, there are two full cover blocks compatible with THIS 5850

The two blocks are

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom