what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
The Custom Cans headband mod arrived today, it smells like high quality leather :cool: It's also very soft compared to the stiff as cardboard stock headband suspension piece:

Stock:
RT7kHAX.jpeg

Custom cans:
dXd0reY.jpeg

Installed:
iCBoP8K.jpeg

BL2Da1I.jpeg

It comes with the 3M super sticky tape too:
8ND0GCB.jpeg

It no longer applies pressure to any hotspot on the head and as the leather warms up, becomes more stretchy which aids long listening session comfort too. Shame it comes at a cost when at this price of headphone the headband should be perfect but hey ho it is what it is.
That looks terrible the way it's glued on the outside but comfort comes first I suppose. Can't say I ever had an issue with the comfort of the Sundara headband but it is a bit lighter than the Ananda Nano. If you have to use the warranty can you reattach the original headband?

Man of Honour
You can basiclaly buy the original headband for cheap but yeah easy enough to put the headband back together. I have velcro cable strips coming tomorrow to cover up the tabs in the poicture so it all looks "snug" which will sort out the aesthetics. The tabs are stuck on using 3M double sided tape that the strap comes with so it's not a glue affair really.

Man of Honour
colour coded velcro straps arrived today and now the modding is complete.

M8BhOcH.jpeg

Edit*

I'm going to order these velour memory foam pads:

One review there states that:
These pads fit perfect on Ananda Stealth V2, no problems installing or removing. The build quality is excellent, very soft quality materials (Suede, leather hybrid). I dont know how long they will last but I think you will get your money's worth. As for the sound, imaging, depth, separation etc is all there like the originals but it has a softer/smoother treble response with midrange (vocals) pushed forward slightly. Bass is all very much present, about equal with the original pads. The tonality reminds very much of my Sennheiser HD600 but with all the benefits of Hifiman planar headphones, such as bass response, fast transients, separation, soundstage, imaging etc. Overall, im very pleased and for the price, I would be shocked if these could be beaten 10/10!

That is good enough for me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom