whats a good cooling pad for under a gaming laptop please?

Associate
im trying to find a good cooling pad for under my sons laptop as its get very loud and super hot and hes paranoid about it as hes moved from pc to laptop :)

i see so many out there but not sure which one to get that wont make it uncomfortable when gaming, any advice would be great :) ty

Associate
I went with the havit 17" it has 3 fans and is pretty quiet - it's performed flawlessly for my laptop (asus a15/ryzen 9/4070). I use my laptop connected to my 50" Samsung tv with a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and ps5 controller. This keeps the cpu and gpu nice and cool whilst gaming - the only annoying thing is they only give you a short power lead but I managed to run an extension to it.

Associate
Some of the cheaper pads have the fans in the middle, or even lower down, whereas most gaming laptops need the extra airflow higher up i.e. look under the laptop and take that into consideration.

Soldato
IETS GT600 is the best for thermals if you have bottom intake fans.

Foam pads provide an airtight seal. About 15-17 degree reduction at max fan speed for me. Not that much quieter though.

Last edited:
Associate
I went with the Llano one myself, pretty much the same as the GT600, arrived today.
My Legion Pro 4080 gpu hits the 85-87c GPU temp limit, then it has to drop the clock speeds and power to get the temps back down.
Stable Diffusion test was quite telling, my GPU was getting 170-180w delivered to it at high clock speeds for both the ram and GPU. Custom settings, Performance mode with a little less juice running to the CPU, max 25w boost to the GPU, pushing it to 175w.
10 minutes of image generation, maxing out the GPU and it hit 80c, Llano fans at around 700rpm. About the same decibel levels when my Legion fans kick in. 2800 rpm fan speed is just ridiculous.
Will do so more more testing with actual games on the weekend though.

Back
Top Bottom