Windows 11 - Microsoft Webcam Driver Is 18 Years Old

Associate
I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and my Logitech webcam, which worked perfectly on Windows 10, started flashing the image when using Teams. I downloaded the Logitech software, which I had never needed before and this cured the problem, but I had to turn off memory integrity to install it due to incompatible drivers. As the webcam was quite old, I decided to upgrade so uninstalled the software, binned the webcam and bought a new Yimona webcam. It is plug and play and claims that no software is needed and there is none available on the manufacturers website. However, I now have exactly the same problem with the flashing image, it flashes at about one second intervals. I have checked the driver details and it is a Microsoft Windows driver version 10.0.22621.2506 dated 21/06/2006. I have tried to update it and Windows says the latest driver is already installed.

Should I now install some third party software such as Youcam to get a more up to date driver? Or I would welcome any other suggestions to cure the problem?

Back
Top Bottom