• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Ive been a huge Xbox fan for years, i made the change to PS5 yesterday for the first time and im impressed, the whole UI interface is nice and smooth with no lags at all, also there are tons of games ive never been ever able to play. Xbox has become a bit stale for me even before all the drama
I own both and play the ps5 more. Xbox just doesn't seem to run games as well. Weird I know worlds fastest console. I'll see what ps5 pro offers whenever it drops

Associate

"The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. At least for now, they're potentially obvious games you'd most likely expect. And yes, while it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's mandate to increase every department's margins. "

Basically more Xbox games going to playstation that will probably run better on playstation also...

Last edited:
Soldato

"The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. At least for now, they're potentially obvious games you'd most likely expect. And yes, while it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's mandate to increase every department's margins. "

Basically more Xbox games going to playstation that will probably run better on playstation also...
Especially since they still seem commited to putting the new COD's on GP day-one which is going to cost a fortune in lost sales.

Associate
Yeah but who's going to drop there playstation to switch over to Xbox just for cod when really not missing out on much?
Almost nobody. And that desire will diminish as more and more 1st party Xbox games appear on other platforms. Plus, with the MS Rewards scheme being gutted I think a lot of people will cancel their Game Pass sub ( I'm interested to know how many of the 30 million subscribers pay with their own money ... MS will never tell us ! )

Associate
I don't think Microsoft can make COD an exclusive. The lost revenue and FTC implications might be too much.

Also if they did bring COD to Game Pass then it just means more tiering of the service; £24.99 per month or something. Must be wise to bring some of the old COD games to Game Pass though.

Soldato
Microsoft just doesn’t know how to manage Xbox anymore.

360 early years is where they peaked but by the end the issues were showing

I am however looking forward massively to Hellblade 2 probably more than Microsoft cause they have done nothing by looks of it to support it or advertise it yet another example of their failures

Soldato
I don't think Microsoft can make COD an exclusive. The lost revenue and FTC implications might be too much.

Also if they did bring COD to Game Pass then it just means more tiering of the service; £24.99 per month or something. Must be wise to bring some of the old COD games to Game Pass though.
They won't make COD an exclusive. I'm not even sure if they'll put it on Game Pass. They'll be worried about all the money they'll lose through sales. Especially if people just sub game pass for a month rather than buying a copy.
I still like my Xbox… :)
Me too.

Soldato
COD makes money from skins etc which now they will also have there hands on so maybe not right away if they put it on game pass people who would have bought may throw money at the skins etc

Associate
They won't make COD an exclusive. I'm not even sure if they'll put it on Game Pass. They'll be worried about all the money they'll lose through sales. Especially if people just sub game pass for a month rather than buying a copy.

Yep on the exclusive front, it totally doesn't fit with their strategy anymore.

A number of sites/X accounts posting rumours that COD is coming to Game Pass along with new pricing tiers, so looks like there is going to be development on this front very soon. Again Microsoft doesn't want to give up that 30% and will do anything to retain those paying customers even if it's all leading towards Xbox as a Service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom