Your bad driving encounters

Associate
should have been left is the first and most important thing, HS is not the only driver on the road.

Bentley driver is then his own person, his own problems, his own speed.

Who said booted it past as I certainly didn't.
But in a dual lane, where the roads are clear and a user is sitting in fast lane more than likely doing between 5-10mph under the speed limit, yeah I would have passed him too.

At the same speed as the Bentley? The Bentley did boot it past, that's all. Doing the same thing as Mr Bentley doesn't seem great.

He said he was doing 40 in a 40 so I'll take him at his word. Honestly, at 70 on a motorway I'm not really fussed what speeds people do when it is quiet like that (as in how fast they are going), but when you get to a reduced speed section busy with junctions and intersections, or in a more built up area, it's a bit different.

Last edited:
Soldato
At the same speed as the Bentley? The Bentley did boot it past, that's all. Doing the same thing as Mr Bentley doesn't seem great.

He said he was doing 40 in a 40 so I'll take him at his word. Honestly, at 70 on a motorway I'm not really fussed what speeds people do when it is quiet like that (as in how fast they are going), but when you get to a reduced speed section busy with junctions and intersections, or in a more built up area, it's a bit different.

Unless HyperSeven is a road traffic officer and was on duty at the time, then it's not his job to police the roads. It's irrelevant what speed the other car was doing, he was hogging the right lane, impeding traffic flow and forcing the other car to undertake.

Associate
I dont see any confirmation of speed, no dashboard, no GPS.
So in this case, the poster could have said he "booted it" when in truth, the cammer was barely going 25 for the entire clip.

I would do the same thing in undertake a car that is refusing to move over in to the lane they should be in and then pulls away like a snail.

Yeah agreed its a bit different, but Mr Bentley was not doing motorway speeds, or at the very least we cannot physically tell as there is no confirmation of actual speed during the clip.
If he sped through at 60mph, yeah not on.
But personally it looks like cammer was going about 25 and the bentley overtook at around 40, probably due to the cammer not moving over like he should have done.

Associate
Unless HyperSeven is a road traffic officer and was on duty at the time, then it's not his job to police the roads. It's irrelevant what speed the other car was doing, he was hogging the right lane, impeding traffic flow and forcing the other car to undertake.

Didn't say he wasn't. Blasting past and then exceeding 40 in a 40 is all I'm on about and sidimmu saying he would do exactly the same in his response, though he has addressed that now. Just from the acceleration it feels like he is well in excess but I don't know the road to be able to guesstimate. Simply taking the statement that hyperseven said he was doing 40 at face value, personally it feels like 40ish to me from the footage.

Also, no one is really forced to undertake. I'm not defending lane hogging, it annoys me just as much as everybody else. I'm less concerned by it in a 30 or a 40 though, someone sitting in the right lane isn't worth getting upset about on short sections leading up to right turns, doesn't really effect my journey. So many people do it leading up said right turns or roundabouts now that I'm just used to it.

Moving left and undertaking at 30 of 40 also feels significantly less dangerous than on a motorway or dual carriageway at 70+ :).

Soldato
Also, no one is really forced to undertake. I'm not defending lane hogging, it annoys me just as much as everybody else. I'm less concerned by it in a 30 or a 40 though, someone sitting in the right lane isn't worth getting upset about on short sections leading up to right turns, doesn't really effect my journey. So many people do it leading up said right turns or roundabouts now that I'm just used to it.

Problem is, as you say "so many people do it". Those "short sections leading up to right turns" soon add up when you're doing several miles along an NSL dual-carriageway which is effectively turned into a 40mph single lane because there are HGVs in lane 1, and people constantly sitting in lane 2 doing 40 mph because they're turning right in half a mile.

Associate
Problem is, as you say "so many people do it". Those "short sections leading up to right turns" soon add up when you're doing several miles along an NSL dual-carriageway which is effectively turned into a 40mph single lane because there are HGVs in lane 1, and people constantly sitting in lane 2 doing 40 mph because they're turning right in half a mile.

That is very true. I just try to not get so wound up by it anymore and it's why, if I'm travelling longer distances to see friends or family, I always travel after 8pm if I can :p.

The number of HGVs seems to go up and up as well. The one that really gets me is some random Peugeot overtaking a HGV at 0.0001 mph over the HGVs limiter.

Man of Honour
I swear the roads are getting worse and worse - myself and another car got stuck behind someone doing 40-45 in a NSL, we both managed to get past them and around a corner and there was someone doing 30-40!!! I could see literally see the other driver being as annoyed by it as I was. The funny thing was after a stretch of 30 the previous 40MPHer caught us up clearly doing 40+ through the 30 :( then had another person who decided to speed up on the dual-carriageway once I was along side them...

Then with cars parked on the other side of the road someone coming the other way rudely decided to barge through, no ifs or buts it wasn't a mistake but being rude and ignorant, when I was already clearly moving into and committed to where it was reduced to a single lane and had to get on the brakes hard to leave a gap for them to exit - was very tempted not to and force them to reverse but just isn't worth the messing about - gave them a very visual display of my annoyance however.

Man of Honour

One of the dual carriageways I use a lot has 2 right hand turnings along the stretch and you get quite a few people, very often those who do well below the speed limit, who'll just sit out in the right hand lane for the mile or so before causing chaos - especially when it is one of the 40MPH everywhere brigade.

Back
Top Bottom