This Instant And Moment - 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Painful week with a tooth infection, gave in today and phoned dentist and seen pretty much immediately, my hot tea last weekend nearly made me cry, long red hot needle type pain, need to sort the grinding out

At least that’s the point that gets you over worrying about dental treatment, when you’re just like ‘do whatever’. Not fun.

Soldato
Why do supermarkets keep moving stuff around? Hate it when they move things across the same aisle, not even the other side of the store.

#firstworldproblems

Commissario
OP
Why do supermarkets keep moving stuff around? Hate it when they move things across the same aisle, not even the other side of the store.
It's cool the way they do it though, you'd expect them to unstack the two shelves and move everything around. Nope, they have a great big forklift type thing that just lifts that section out and moves it to where they want it to be.

Soldato
My store hasn’t had much moved much stock.

Some of the products relocation is due to the HFSS ruling brought in Oct 2022. HFSS is foods high in fat, sugar and/or salt.

Sometimes we have to move products to next shelf to accommodate new lines.

We get customers who say you keep moving the eggs. “They have been in the same place for ten years!”

Soldato
This book will answer all your questions.

8130-G4-WBTl-L-AC-UF700-800-QL80-FMwebp.webp

Soldato
The lazy b!!!h who lives on the corner to my road, parking on double yellows outside her home, has had justice!

Saw a parking ticket on her windscreen.

Love seeing lazy, selfish drivers getting justice. One car park, there’s a bit of pavement between the entrance and exit. See cars parked there. With a ticket. Too tight to pay £1, you can pay £45 (or £90 if after a fortnight) instead

Soldato
Our local Morrisons has been overloaded with pensioners shopping there - Some little 21yr old masters degree scrote worked out how to get rid of them.
All but 4 of manned checkouts have gone ( only one is manned) and it's scan your own. Not even any instructions on how to use these scanners.
Wasn't many there Tuesday just gone. :D

Soldato
Our local Morrisons has been overloaded with pensioners shopping there - Some little 21yr old masters degree scrote worked out how to get rid of them.
All but 4 of manned checkouts have gone ( only one is manned) and it's scan your own. Not even any instructions on how to use these scanners.
Wasn't many there Tuesday just gone. :D
It's interesting that my store has many elderly customers refusing to use self scans or scan n go. I visited a larger store in early Dec and there were elderly customers using their own phones to scan n go. As I needed approval - as bought a load of booze. Had a chat with the assistant and mentioned about the elderly using scan n go. She said there's a 93 year old that shops on scan n go with her phone. Shows that the elderly where I live are technophobes and stubborn.

Another thing with elderly customers. Why do many have to shop on a Saturday morning? They have virtually ALL WEEK to shop. But decide to shop at the busiest time of the week. Yet have the cheek to say "ooh it's busy". Who made you shop then? Not me, not my employer, but YOU! My parents are both retired for 12 and 11 years respectively. They have only done grocery shopping on Saturdays if they return from holiday on Friday. Which is about 4 times in 11 years. Leave grocery shopping for those who worked all week for the weekend.

When we had new self scans installed, the engineers did the work overnight. As soon as we emptied the self scans of money, they were ripped out. Still not trained on the innards of the new self scans which are more difficult than the older ones. Had an asthma attack at work due to the works done of sawing MDF, laying new carpet (carpet glue fumes) in the offices etc. In the past, the store would have been closed for a week. Profit over health n safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom