Show us your kitty cats

Associate
It's bothered me more than I thought it would, or of the two he was the one that followed me round especially during the week when I'm up for work sat with while I had my morning coffee. Properly miss him.
Just hope it was an instant thing hate the thought he was lay there suffering.
We try to keep them indoors for this reason but they just constantly make a run for it as soon as any door is opened.
Any tips on keeping the last one in.
Not so much keeping them in as that's hard and can be equally heartbreaking if they're used to roaming, but if you have a garden it's not an inconceivable amount of work to contain cats in it.

We're lucky as our house backs onto a natural square of and there's no easy ways for the cats (we have 5) to get to the front and the road.

Soldato
It's bothered me more than I thought it would, or of the two he was the one that followed me round especially during the week when I'm up for work sat with while I had my morning coffee. Properly miss him.
Just hope it was an instant thing hate the thought he was lay there suffering.
We try to keep them indoors for this reason but they just constantly make a run for it as soon as any door is opened.
Any tips on keeping the last one in.
Thought about a catio or something similar so they have access to outside but not free roaming?

Soldato
After dinner leftovers
eIWPOVo.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Tuna really is like kitty crack. Just the mere "snap" of the tin lid as you open it will have ours running from any room in the house if they are in and acting like they've not eaten in a week.

Yeh, my cat used to love it (what cat doesn't?), but the food that even surpassed that was liver.

Whenever I used to cook it, he could smell it a mile off, and would clamp his claws into my leg until he got a piece!

He never did that for Felix or tuna!

Soldato
Yeh, my cat used to love it (what cat doesn't?), but the food that even surpassed that was liver.

Whenever I used to cook it, he could smell it a mile off, and would clamp his claws into my leg until he got a piece!

He never did that for Felix or tuna!
Mine was like that with cheese or slightly more shamefully, chocolate. His pupils would dilate and it was almost like he was an addict and had to get his fix. Totally bad for them of course don't do this.

Soldato
Lost our cat last night after she was hit by a car. A local vet nurse found her dropped her off at the emergency vet so at least we got a call to let us know. My wife is in bits unsurprisingly. Totally shameful that someone could do that and just leave the body, I hope they ****ing choke. Nearly 12 months to the day since we lost our first cat to cancer so the timing is crap to say the least.

Soldato
Lost our cat last night after she was hit by a car. A local vet nurse found her dropped her off at the emergency vet so at least we got a call to let us know. My wife is in bits unsurprisingly. Totally shameful that someone could do that and just leave the body, I hope they ****ing choke. Nearly 12 months to the day since we lost our first cat to cancer so the timing is crap to say the least.
Sorry for your loss..

We've had 4 cats over the years, all well love family pets and it's always devastating when this happens..

Soldato

So sorry to hear that, it is heart breaking, they are family.

Soldato
I’ve never been a cat person but she had a lovely temperament and fitted in really well with us and our other animals (including our nervous rescue dog). Definitely one of a kind and I just flit between sad and angry. We don’t live on a particularly busy or fast road so more than likely someone driving like a total **** given it was light when it happened.

Soldato
i am very sorry for your loss, such a terrible thing to go through :(

Soldato
Our two 5 month olds escaped today. It was pouring with rain and I left the front door open as they like to sit there but wouldn't go out in the rain. Got distracted and then noticed the rain had eased off and surprise surprise no kittens in sight :rolleyes: Little buggers had made a break for it! Our house is right next a a brook and a small wooded area that is kitty heaven and they wanted to sample what they've been eyeing up for months and seeing our older cat Oscar head into. I was out there shaking a bag of kitty biscuits for 15 minutes, they weren't falling for that! Looking into the brambles I spotted one, then the other, they were only 15m from the front door. They then they start playing silly buggers and darting in and out of the brambles but not close enough to grab them. Had to bring out the big guns in a can of tuna. Both knew what was happening but that sweet sweet tuna was irresistible and I got them both. They are being neutered and chipped on Tuesday and then as long as their little furry sack heals up ok they'll get their cat flap privileges that weekend. No doubt the kill fest will shortly follow

This is them 6 weeks ago gazing at the fun space to come, so they've got bigger since.

Bert-and-Ernie-outside-gazing.jpg

They've come a long way from these little balls of fluff.

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom