1000w psu recommendations please

Associate
Hi all, im looking for a 1000w psu for my new build

7800x3d

rog strix B650E-I

sapphire nitro + 7900xtx

meg coreliquid 280 aio

to go into a thermaltake tower 100 (i know the aio wont fit)

what 1000w psu would you recommend please?

a few that I have seen..

Corsair SF1000L

Asus 1000W ROG LOKI SFX-L

Corsair RM1000e (2023)

or what would you recommend please

many thanks

Man of Honour
to go into a thermaltake tower 100 (i know the aio wont fit)
What PSUs does it support? SFX? ATX? The website says it supports 180mm length, which seems like ATX.

The Loki appears to only have 3x PCI-E/CPU ports, which wouldn't give you 3 separate PCI-E 8 pin cables and the RMe only has a 7 year warranty.

For an XTX if the case supports ATX, I'd consider Thermaltake's PF3 1050.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
the case will take a atx size.

another one i have been looking at is the ROG Strix 1000W Gold Aura Edition.

looks like it gets some good reviews and the cables look nice also.

but will it have enough cables in the box for my needs?

many thanks

Man of Honour
but will it have enough cables in the box for my needs?
It sounds like you get 2x cables with a PCI-E 8 pin connector and then if you need 3x PCI-E 8 pins, there's an additional PCI-E 16 pin to 2x 8 pin cable.

That's messier than I'd expect, but it's technically enough to avoid a daisy chain.

PCI-E Gen 5 16-pin Cable x 1 (675mm)
PCI-E 1-to-1 Cable x 2 (675mm)
PCI-E (16-pin to 8-pin-8-pin) Cable x 1 (675mm)

Soldato
Thank you.

Or would you suggest a different psu? Would like tier a, and I do like the finish on the strix cables with the embossed effect.

The Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved cables are worth a look.

They are expensive, yes, but not much compared to the cost of a decent build.

They are absolutely lovely cables. They look fantastic, and importantly they bend easily and don't have huge lumps of heat-shrink all over the place.

Man of Honour
Thank you.

Or would you suggest a different psu? Would like tier a, and I do like the finish on the strix cables with the embossed effect.
I think the strix is just designed around the 12vhpwr which is not unusual for these new psus. It should be fine, you'd just have to work out the cable config that works/looks best..

Soldato
i see what you mean about the cables.

looks like i could so with 3x for the gpu.

what pus come with them as standard please?

Are you talking about the Corsair? They come with two. You only need two, though. Each splits into two plugs, giving you four. They are fine for that amount of power, as well. The adapter for the new NVIDIA plug, plugs in to just one output on the PSU. So two outputs are more than capable of providing what you need.

Associate
OP
on the rog strix 1000w aura edition, to power my sapphine 7900xtx, i could use the new 600w cable with 2x8 pin on the end, and 1x pcie cable?

or another psu i have is the cooler master XG850 plus platinum, that has more than enough pcie cables for the gpu.

but what psu to go for??? the 1000w strix, or 850w xg850? . i like the cable design on the strix, but it is around £100 more than the xg850

Associate
OP
what would be better out of the 2 please? i want to put the best in my new build, and the others in my daughters.

another pus i have looked at is the seasonic vertex px-1000, but cant find any info on it

Man of Honour
what would be better out of the 2 please? i want to put the best in my new build, and the others in my daughters.
You mean if you buy another?

I'd prefer to have 1000 for an XTX build.

I've never seen a review of the Aura Strix (the original version I suggested is fine, there's a review here). I think Asus have changed the OEM, since the Cybenetics report says it is CWT and the original version was Seasonic, hence anything I knew about the old version is irrelevant.

The Vertex looks decent (review here) and they recently extended the warranty to 12 year (link to their announcement). Seasonic used to have a good UK RMA service too, but I don't know what it is like now.

Previously, with the Focus line, the PX was just a GX (internally they look very similar) that was modified to hit Platinum, so if Seasonic did the same thing, then the Vertex GX reviews would still be applicable to this version.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thank you Tetras.

ill have a read.

out of them 3, or if you could recommend another, would you use on my build please, 7800x3d, sapphine nitro + 7900xtx, rog strix b650e-i, msi meg coreliquid s280, 64gb g.skill 6000, lexar 790 4tb

Back
Top Bottom