Advice on the following build.

Associate
So I've come in to some cash and need a new computer. I've always wanted to go either high power small footprint or full water cooled loop. I'm looking for something which will be close to sff as possible as I want to have it sat on my desk and desk space is at a premium. Currently I have a Corsair Air 540 which I've really liked in terms of looks. Though having had a look at the corsair offerings I'm not sure I can even fit the 2500 D on my desk.

Below is the small form factor:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,379.87 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Any advice on where to improve what I have picked?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
One of the biggest waste of money is watercooling, sure you get lower temps and generally a quieter system but you also void you warranty on a £1800 GPU.

Rant over I suggest you open a thread in the watercooling section of the forum.

As for parts gaming you don't need anymore thqn the 7800x3d but if you productivity stuff then get the 7950x3d as you will have the best of both worlds.

Personally a 1000w PSU should be you minimum.

Take a look at Zotac models of the GPU as they come with a 5 year warranty if registered within 30 days otherwise it's 3 years, if not watercooling the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One of the biggest waste of money is watercooling, sure you get lower temps and generally a quieter system but you also void you warranty on a £1800 GPU.

Rant over I suggest you open a thread in the watercooling section of the forum.

As for parts gaming you don't need anymore thqn the 7800x3d but if you productivity stuff then get the 7950x3d as you will have the best of both worlds.

Personally a 1000w PSU should be you minimum.

Take a look at Zotac models of the GPU as they come with a 5 year warranty if registered within 30 days otherwise it's 3 years, if not watercooling the GPU.

To be honest the more I've looked into water cooling, the more I'm put off, initial price cost is one thing, but then the on going maintenance. Though I didn't know that adding a GPU block would void the warranty. I've decided to not go down the watercooling route.

Man of Honour
To be honest the more I've looked into water cooling, the more I'm put off, initial price cost is one thing, but then the on going maintenance. Though I didn't know that adding a GPU block would void the warranty. I've decided to not go down the watercooling route.
I think it manufacturer specific, but any excuse they can to reject a GPU then they'll use it.

Haven't bought a new GPU in a while but they use to come with warranty void stickers on if you removed a screw.

Associate
OP
I think it manufacturer specific, but any excuse they can to reject a GPU then they'll use it.

Haven't bought a new GPU in a while but they use to come with warranty void stickers on if you removed a screw.
Sounds about right. I've decided to go down the none custom loop route. I'm putting it all in a Cooler Master NR200 Max, which includes an aio and an 850 watt psu. This is what I'm going with now.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,482.65 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yer I'm trying to way up if I actually need a 4090, I currently own a 32 Gigabyte M32Q. I know that a 4090 would be massive overkill for this monitor at the moment.
Could drop to a 4080 super but if you go 4k then the 4090 will smash it.

I get you, but I quite like the brown. I most likely will swap out the stock fans for the aio in the max for some brown noctuas :cry:

Oh my...:eek:

Associate
think i prefer the look of the asus strix board to the msi one here. its also cheaper and had pcie5 gpu slot so in 4/5 yeears you can drop in newer gpu knowing it shouldn't have any issue, not that pcie4 should either from history, but you never know, and as the board is cheaper, why not
ram is a bit slow now..you can get 6000c30 64gb from corsair now and the tighter timings will make a difference.....ignore as 2nd bvuild you've done that already.... OCuk don't have it but the veangeace non rgb can be had expo version for £213 on 6400C32(on offer), £223 in 6000C30 or £229 for rgb version 6000C30 (it's £252 for the 6400c32 rgb version)
for psu, the below are a bit cheaper..as you can get the nr200 case without the psu(though haven't checked price to see if worthwhile and guess you do have it preinstalled with riser cable etc, so prob ignore that too), or if you go down diff case route, but still good, atx3.0 also as you're using 4090..
I'd also look at the ssd below...not that much more than the sn770, but faster with much better endurance

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £455.96 (includes delivery: £0.00)​
found below for you also​
This may be usefull for all SFF case owners who want to upgrade GPU, but i try to find out if any of manufacturers RTX 4090 revisions can fit into NR200P MAX.

Official info says NR200P MAX support a maximum GPU size of 336mm x 140mm.

Now we have few new models from various brands with similar, but not exact same sizes.

CONFIRMED BY USERS:

WON'T FIT BY USERS:

UNKNOWN / UNTESTED and OTHER:

What you say? Are you planning to upgrade yo

Associate
OP
Thank you for the detailed information. Gives me a lot to ponder. The reason I thought about going for the Max rather than the standard NR200P is the change in internal layout, I've read that the NR200P (non max) means you have to put the AIO rad along the bottom which is not ideal at all, as any air in the system remains at the pump, which will cause damage.

Back
Top Bottom