Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 88.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Personally for me, the SQ and ANC are perfectly fine. I'd like to see the following updates:
  • Make them lighter
  • Make the mesh removable/replaceable, with magnets or something similar like how the cups are held in
  • Be able to fold the cups in and have a different case, like the Sony/Bose headsets do it
  • I think the AirPod 2 have some fancy audio features the Max's done have, I'd like that as an improvement
  • USB-C. But meh, I personally think Lightning has a stronger physical connection
I've used mine nearly every day and I wouldn't be without them.

Associate
Can I ask do the AirPods Max sound similar to the AirPods Pro 2. The reason I ask is because I like how the AirPods Pro 2 sound for the most part and I would seriously consider the headphones if they were somewhat similar.

Man of Honour
Can I ask do the AirPods Max sound similar to the AirPods Pro 2. The reason I ask is because I like how the AirPods Pro 2 sound for the most part and I would seriously consider the headphones if they were somewhat similar.
I have both, the Max's IMO sounds significantly better.

Soldato
I really would like to get some of the Max but they've now been out for so long I feel like it would be silly to buy them at this point and just wait for the next iteration of the product.

Same here. I want over-ears and the integration into the Apple ecosystem and the only option is these ageing, overpriced headphones, that aren't without their faults/drawbacks as well. Apple could certainly make an incremental change to these to dramatically improve them - e.g. align feature set with AirPods Pro 2 and H2 chip, add USB-C, better handling of 'turning off', less silly case, new colours etc. Even if they only did some of those things - Apple have 'refreshed' products based on far less but even the USB-C move alone would probably be enough for Apple frankly.

Are they selling well? Are they profitable? I'm wondering if they are just in danger of being dropped instead. I really would prefer an over-ear option.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Bose QC 35 IIs are still going strong, so I'm hoping they hold out until the new Max are released.

I was really put off by the handbag case, so I'm hoping the Gen 2s come with:
  • A proper case
  • Folding ear cups would be nice
  • USB-C
  • H2/H3 chip so they align with the Pro 2s
I'm not fussed about colours, and I haven't had experience with the headband/mesh, so I can't comment on that front.

But I agree with @Junglist; I'm reluctant to buy them now, given they've been out for so long.

Associate
I have both, the Max's IMO sounds significantly better.
Thank you for answering. I think I will wait until the newly released one like some of the others have said. As long as they have sorted the handbag out and turning off feature and even if there are only minor iterative improvements that is more than acceptable for me.

Soldato
My Bose QC 35 IIs are still going strong, so I'm hoping they hold out until the new Max are released.

I was really put off by the handbag case, so I'm hoping the Gen 2s come with:
  • A proper case
  • Folding ear cups would be nice
  • USB-C
  • H2/H3 chip so they align with the Pro 2s
I'm not fussed about colours, and I haven't had experience with the headband/mesh, so I can't comment on that front.

But I agree with @Junglist; I'm reluctant to buy them now, given they've been out for so long.

I’m still rocking my QC25, the pads are completely ripped but I’m not buying another set of pads as I’ll end up keeping them for a few more years. There’s a fine line between biting the bullet and getting new pads or holding out for this new max.

Associate
I really would like to get some of the Max but they've now been out for so long I feel like it would be silly to buy them at this point and just wait for the next iteration of the product.

may as well get the normal ones because apparently the next iteration is going to be identical with zero changes being made, which is acceptable according to some of the posts im seeing

Associate
After the Sonos Ace announcement, I’ve decided to wait it out to whatever the Gen 2 Max end up being-small iteration or not.

Associate
Why, not impressed with them?
Not that-I think they’ll be a fine pair of headphones.

Think I expected less of a barrier in the use element-for the cinema part anyway. Whereas with the Max’s they just sync up to any of the ATV’s in the house and I’ll get all the benefits.

Apple’s ecosystem coming into its own once again.

Man of Honour
Shared listening as well which is a god send if you have kids and want to enjoy a late night movie with your other half. Sonos don’t exactly have a good recent history with regards to UX quality and the new app is a travesty.

I have to add my Sonos roam back to my system nearly every time I want to use it. Massive pain in the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom