Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

Soldato
Nahhhh there is loads they could do with the franchise.

Have you read any of the old animated novels? There are a good few of those with really good stories.

I'm sure I've read some books as well.

Even the novel of Alien 3 was better than the movie, in the novel they do drive the alien using fire into an unused nuclear waste facility, then some nutter let's it out again.

There are other bits as well.

Just film industry are torn between shareholders/producers not willing to take any risks and the woke brigade dumbing down everything.

As a result you just get over hyped dull rubbish.

Associate
Same here, absolutely love it vs the poorly edited/changed Theatrical Cut but it's so rare to find anyone else whose seen the DC/WP as well as the TC which means most people you talk to about Alien 3 only ever remember the "failure" that was the TC.
Much better version of the film... Absolutely love it!

Soldato
I went to look for the Special Edition or Assembly version of Alien 3 and even if you are happy to pay I can't easily find it.

I don't have Disney Plus, Amazon and YouTube seem to only have the directors cut.

Caporegime
I went to look for the Special Edition or Assembly version of Alien 3 and even if you are happy to pay I can't easily find it.

I don't have Disney Plus, Amazon and YouTube seem to only have the directors cut.

The seven seas are your friend. :p

Lnh4YCq.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched 5 minutes of alien covenant..

It's criminal how they can't make a good movie out of the series, the characters are just a bunch of numbnuts in every single one.

One thing that I hate is that aliens were known well before alien introduced them.

Also why oh why can't they make the ships and the tech and everything just fit in with alien/aliens, ruins it all.

Caporegime
There is a plot twist that makes this movie totally logical: The Covenant is no colony ship, but the attempt of earth to get rid of its greatest morons. Mission accomplished!

This YouTube comment always comes to mind when talk of this movie occurs. :D

Soldato
Starting to warm up to this film.

Just look at this quote from Cailee. That’s what you call respect.

I love watching those old ‘70s, ‘80s action sci-fi films. And I’m such a fan of that IP and Sigourney Weaver. It’s legendary to get to be a part of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom