Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
Just emailed Dell regarding strange issue I've started to have with my 3225, last week or so I've noticed when I boot it up sometimes I have to shut it back down and restart it to get a picture on screen, otherwise it just sits with power LED on, screen black and buttons underneath not doing anything, and today it started flickering to black after finally showing a pic

I'm wondering if could be a fault of the new firmware?

Soldato
Used my AW3225QF for over four hours this afternoon and when I shutdown the system and it went into standby the power button started flashing green.

Looked into it and found out this is the pixel refresher running. I interrupted it and it was showing panel health as yellow.

So then I manually ran the pixel refresher through the monitors OSD which took a few minutes and now my panel health is green again.

Apparently this is a common feature on OLEDs to prevent image retention.

Soldato
Used my AW3225QF for over four hours this afternoon and when I shutdown the system and it went into standby the power button started flashing green.

Looked into it and found out this is the pixel refresher running. I interrupted it and it was showing panel health as yellow.

So then I manually ran the pixel refresher through the monitors OSD which took a few minutes and now my panel health is green again.

Apparently this is a common feature on OLEDs to prevent image retention.
Yeah it prompts to run every 4 hours or runs automatically when you switch it off after 4 hours of use

Back
Top Bottom