Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
Just emailed Dell regarding strange issue I've started to have with my 3225, last week or so I've noticed when I boot it up sometimes I have to shut it back down and restart it to get a picture on screen, otherwise it just sits with power LED on, screen black and buttons underneath not doing anything, and today it started flickering to black after finally showing a pic

I'm wondering if could be a fault of the new firmware?

Soldato
Used my AW3225QF for over four hours this afternoon and when I shutdown the system and it went into standby the power button started flashing green.

Looked into it and found out this is the pixel refresher running. I interrupted it and it was showing panel health as yellow.

So then I manually ran the pixel refresher through the monitors OSD which took a few minutes and now my panel health is green again.

Apparently this is a common feature on OLEDs to prevent image retention.

Soldato
Used my AW3225QF for over four hours this afternoon and when I shutdown the system and it went into standby the power button started flashing green.

Looked into it and found out this is the pixel refresher running. I interrupted it and it was showing panel health as yellow.

So then I manually ran the pixel refresher through the monitors OSD which took a few minutes and now my panel health is green again.

Apparently this is a common feature on OLEDs to prevent image retention.
Yeah it prompts to run every 4 hours or runs automatically when you switch it off after 4 hours of use

Associate
I can't find any of the new OLED monitors in EU, Asus, Gigabyte, LG, MSI, none are available. I've been looking for weeks. I'm tired.

I might have to get the AW32, although I'm still not sure if the curve is going to be a problem. The only positive about the curve is that it might help with reflections a bit, my room has lots of natural light.

Other than that, I'm not sure...

Associate
AW2725DF - has been the best value monitor I've gotten (in terms of launch price and performance) I've gone through a bunch in the last few months and it's the only one left standing :D I'll only replace it when a 1440p 480hz monitor drops.

Last edited:
Soldato
I might have to get the AW32, although I'm still not sure if the curve is going to be a problem. The only positive about the curve is that it might help with reflections a bit, my room has lots of natural light.
I didn’t fancy the curve much either. Thought it was a gimmick that died out with TVs years ago. I have to say now, having owned a curved one I am not sure I’d want to go back to flat.

Associate
I didn’t fancy the curve much either. Thought it was a gimmick that died out with TVs years ago. I have to say now, having owned a curved one I am not sure I’d want to go back to flat.

My Odyssey G7 with it's 1000R curve: "call that a curve? THIS is a curve!" :D

I got used to it very quickly, 1700R must be pretty mild. With TVs it made no sense, with a monitor I can see and enjoy the benefit. I can understand it's very subjective though.

Associate
Slightly off-topic but MSI have released some really nice improvements to the latest firmware for their own 240 Hz QD-OLED monitor, including an option to turn off DSC (so you can use NVIDIA's DSR) and fixes for VRR flickering as well as other bug fixes.

I really hope that Dell rolls out a similar firmware for their AW2725DF and AW3225QF monitors. The DSC on/off option was promised for April and never appeared.

Associate
Coincidentally, ASUS have just announced a new 27" WOLED monitor that they claim has anti-flicker tech to deal with VRR OLED flicker. It's also glossy which is rare for WOLED. Need to see more of this anti-flicker tech though - it's probably just marketing spiel.

Associate
Coincidentally, ASUS have just announced a new 27" WOLED monitor that they claim has anti-flicker tech to deal with VRR OLED flicker. It's also glossy which is rare for WOLED. Need to see more of this anti-flicker tech though - it's probably just marketing spiel.

Interesting they've kept at 240hz, reckon they're using the previous gen WOLED panels and have decided to go for a glossy coating?

I thought Asus (along with LG) were bringing out their 480hz 1440p monitors later this year.

Back
Top Bottom