Am I unreasonable to expect any more?

Soldato
4 years ago I bought a Logitech G903 mouse and a G915 keyboard.

The G915 keyboard has developed key press issues where the key doesn't register or it registers multiple times, think it's on a W,A,S or D key.

The annoying thing about this is that I hardly use the keyboard and as I'm left handed I don't use WASD for movement.

Secondly,

The left click has gone on my G903 mouse, clicks either don't register, register multiple times, and trying to hold the click won't work it continues to disengage / engage, so I can't scroll or in some games move things.

Spoke to logitech support re the G903 and as its out of warranty they can only give me a 20% off voucher, so I paid £76 in 2020 for mouse, same mouse £136 on their website, so the voucher doesn't do anything.

I haven't bothered with the keyboard with them yet due to that, the last time I spoke to support with Logitech was about my G15 keyboard, which was out of warranty at the time and they were happy to replace it providing I send an image to them of the G15 keyboard smashed up with a hammer (I am not joking).

Am I expecting too much and a 20% off is generous? And anyway to repair these devices?

Man of Honour
4 years ago I bought a Logitech G903 mouse and a G915 keyboard.

The G915 keyboard has developed key press issues where the key doesn't register or it registers multiple times, think it's on a W,A,S or D key.

The annoying thing about this is that I hardly use the keyboard and as I'm left handed I don't use WASD for movement.

Secondly,

The left click has gone on my G903 mouse, clicks either don't register, register multiple times, and trying to hold the click won't work it continues to disengage / engage, so I can't scroll or in some games move things.

Spoke to logitech support re the G903 and as its out of warranty they can only give me a 20% off voucher, so I paid £76 in 2020 for mouse, same mouse £136 on their website, so the voucher doesn't do anything.

I haven't bothered with the keyboard with them yet due to that, the last time I spoke to support with Logitech was about my G15 keyboard, which was out of warranty at the time and they were happy to replace it providing I send an image to them of the G15 keyboard smashed up with a hammer (I am not joking).

Am I expecting too much and a 20% off is generous? And anyway to repair these devices?

Easy to repair and solder in new switches on both the mouse and the keyboard :) The replacement switches are normally pence.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Any links to the switches? Might aswell give it a try, got a soldering iron and nothing to loose

If you could take the pcb out of the mouse to expose the switches I can help you... likely smd switches like these so not really soldering iron friendly.

depends on what switches they are as to how easy it is... Obvoiusly the mouse is much more likely to be operating at 5v (usb voltage so not that exact switch) but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom