• No

Votes: 161 79.7%
  • Comedy Option

Votes: 31 15.3%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Just saw this news today.

BBC News - Amazon Prime Video content to start including ads next year

Looks like they will follow D+ and Netflix in showing adverts on their cheapest subscription. Iv'e not actually seen the Disney and Netflix versions, but I guess its a certain amount of adverts (minutes) per hour like ITV etc.
US,UK,Germany and Canada Prime in early '24 and France Italy, Spain, Mexico and Australia to follow later in '24.

For the US they announced that you can pay 3 dollars a month to get rid of the adverts, the pricing for other countries is not mentioned but will probably be similar.

There isn't that much content that I watch or am waiting for on Prime, but adverts do annoy me! Off the top of my head Prime is 50 euros in Spain (used to be 35 till last year!!), so 2-3 euros extra per month seems pricey, but i'm sure I would buckle and pay (adverts will be in Spanish which will annoy me even more!). I know the UK is around £100 per year and USA is about $130 a year for the basic Prime service. I think they charge supplements to add certain Prime channels to your account, get music streaming, and larger photo storage, but these types of services I use google for already so I've never paid more than the basic for Prime.

Anyway, will you pay? It's more a discussion than a vote, but if a Mod could add a simple Yes, No and comedy option poll that would be great!

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesn't it already have ads? Or are they just adding more? I remember when I used to watch shows on there they would show ads between episodes for their other shows?

Caporegime
OP
Doesn't it already have ads? Or are they just adding more? I remember when I used to watch shows on there they would show ads between episodes for their other shows?
I don't see these anymore but up until last year there was sometim s adverts before a film or in between episodes of a TV series. But I don't recall seeing any adverts during Jack Ryan earlier this year

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to getting the odd advert you can skip for their own shows before watching something on there, freevee or whatever it's called plays an advert before the show that can't be skipped.

Not sure how this will work considering it's one price for prime currently unless they are going to start splitting that up.

Caporegime
Probably going to ditch prime next year anyway. Too expensive, and all these companies just keep making it more so, and strupping features (like this with ads)

I genuinely get decision paralysis with too many streaming services anyway. Might just stick to Netflix and then dip on for a month here and there for the others if there are a load of things I want to watch on them.

Associate
Yeah , they tried it on with Bosch Legacy to see if they'd get away with ads and the answer was a firm yes, so here we go.

I do find watching stuff on Prime via freevee, imdb tv etc, relatively in-obtrussive compared to Youtube and Channel 4, but am sure they'll ramp em up over time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom