• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD vs Nvidia: Stutters, hitching, 1% lows and other stability issues.

Associate
Hi folks.

What are your experiences with any issues, if any, with aforementioned problems mentioned?

I’m just building another PC, however,
I’m still relatively new to this, and I seem to be struggling with some terrible hitching issues with 7900 GRE, although, I had no issue with 7900XTX pulse at all which was purchased on release date, pretty much.

Would you say there is a more mature, ongoing software support for one brand or another?

Thanks for your input, in advance, guys!

Associate
Both generally stable at the moment, with minor issues with both affecting a few users. AMD has issues with shader caching in games like Overwatch, not a deal breaker, you'll just experience low fps for a minute or two when you launch the game. Not sure what would be causing the stuttering on the 7900 GRE.

If you want better RT support and are prepared to pay the Nvidia premium, go for Nvidia, otherwise, going for AMD and saving a few bucks is fine.

Associate
Not seen any stutter on my 7900GRE, apart from what has already been mentioned, traversal stutter (dead space) or shader cache on new driver install.

Back
Top Bottom