Amiga Commodore 1500

Associate
I have an Amiga Commodore 1500 unit.
Where would be best to sell. Local to Kingston Upon Thames. It doesn't work. I took the shell off to have a look and it looks in really good nick but I cant see a battery. Possibly removed as they tend to leak if the unit is not in use for some time. Please let me know.

Soldato
Possibly removed

Did you remove it or someone else? If you dont know the history (i.e. you are not the only owner) I would list is a spares and repairs on eBay. State the condition with photos and that it might only need a battery and im sure it'll sell if you list it at 99p.
Or if you have time, look for a battery, test it and list it as used and then show it booting and in full working condition.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd suggest checking out Amibay to do research around the Amiga 1500.

One was listed for £1100 that appeared to sell, but had some upgrade chips, was working and that was in 2022. If there is no damage to the board from battery corrosion, an enthusiast would certainly have the resource or know someone who could replace the battery.

Last edited:

GeX

GeX

Soldato
I didn't remove it. I assume my grandad did when putting it in storage.
It’s worth much more than 99p. I was hoping someone would know of a retro gaming company who I could contact.

The trouble is, they'd be looking to buy, fix and sell it on - so you're probably going to get more with eBay as then it might be someone looking to repair and use it themselves.

Of course it's worth more than 99p, but that'd just be the starting bid. How much it sells for will depend on condition, if you test it, what kind of photos you post. Internal photos are key, as it takes away doubt around the batter.

You might want to try the RMC Discord if you want help in opening it up or testing it. Amibay is also a good shout, but again - the more internal photos and description, the better.

If you just list it as "untested", with photos of only the outside - then the assumption will be the battery has leaked and it's ruined.

Back
Top Bottom