Anycubic Photon Mono M5s Pro

Associate
Hi all
I,ve just bought the 3d printer above ,and admit i'm very new to 3d printing. having trouble with actually seeing any of the STL files i already have on the printer. two questions 1 do i need the Anycubic slicer to print STL. 2 if i use Lychee slicer dose the file have to be a certain format, i currently get PM5s but still cannot see file on printer.
Any help would be grateful Kendoom

Soldato
STL files don't go straight on the printer
you "slice" them on lychee slicer (it'll ask you what printer you have on the setup) then you send those files to the printer, over the network if that's an option or via a usb stick.

Hi Kendoom,

VeNT is correct, you cannot print directly from an .stl file and must first prepare the scene in a slicer, either lychee or anycubic will do for the preparation step, other slicers are available. However, I have issues with my AC M5s (not Pro) printing directly from a lychee sliced file so my workflow consists of preparing in Lychee (as it is superior to ACPW) and then exporting as .stl, loading that into Anycubic Photon Workspace (ACPW) and slicing it from there. I believe that a .PM5s file sliced in Lychee does not have all of the smart detection code built in that the M5s needs for leveling and printer monitoring and thus does not work, when I have attempted to use .PM5s files sliced in lychee, I do not get bed adhesion at all but a file prepared in lychee and sliced in ACPW works fine and any failures are due to machine or my own preparation rather than the slicer.

Once you have a sliced .PM5s file, you can upload this to your memory stick or send it to your printer from the ACPW interface if doing so remotely. If using a memory stick, make sure it is formatted correctly. The stick must be in FAT32 format for the printer to see it and for some reason the stick must be less than 32GB in capacity too.

I hope this is helpful to you and anyone else that sees this.

Ben,
Titans Product Design

Back
Top Bottom