Anyone got an Ergonomic mouse ?

Associate
Yeah, I've got the wired version of this one and it's fine. Use it for both work and light gaming (even behaves itself during some pretty bad CS2 on my side!). You just kinda get used to it after a while.

Associate
Yep, about 2 years ago I started getting pretty bad wrist pain that persisted for several months. Switched to using a Logitech Lift and it’s been ok ever since. If I use a non ergonomic mouse for too long I can feel it coming back

Associate
Yep, about 2 years ago I started getting pretty bad wrist pain that persisted for several months. Switched to using a Logitech Lift and it’s been ok ever since. If I use a non ergonomic mouse for too long I can feel it coming back
Yeah, this was the trigger for me switching over as well. Had to have a wrist brace on for a while too until it settled down. Now have an ergonomic mouse and a keyboard/mouse wrist rests to try and keep things a bit healthier for me!

Underboss
OP
im not a person to use my arm to move the mouse, i wrest my wrist on the mouse pad and use my wrist, i really cant use it the other way :(

so im kinda giving up with the wrist problem and decided to change mouse rather than my style

i might give it a go then

Associate
Another vote for the Logitech Lift. Also as a result of wrist pain, which the Lift helped with; along with a couple of changes to desk and chair (mainly making sure the weight of my arm was on my elbow on the chair arm and that I was keeping my wrist straight).

Only thing I find with the lift is I'm more prone to accidental clicks.

Soldato
I'm currently eyeing one up for "non gaming" use
so when im not gaming ill use this one

I have used a trackball for the past two decades. Periodically I try ergonomic mice as trackballs suck for fast gaming - my current essay is a Sovos much like that Anker - but I always end up going back to the trackball, even for gaming. For non-gaming use trackballs are the best for me. I use a Kensington Orbit Elite and a Kensington Expert Mouse (which is actually a trackball) on separate PCs.

If you have a single monitor, something else that worked for me outside gaming was a Wacom pen and tablet using absolute positioning. But it didn't work with multiple monitors.

Yep, about 2 years ago I started getting pretty bad wrist pain that persisted for several months.

2 years ago you was me 20+ years ago. RSI really sucks.

Another vote for the Logitech Lift.

I looked at the Lift and reviews say that it's more suited to smaller hands.

Associate
2 years ago you was me 20+ years ago. RSI really sucks.

I looked at the Lift and reviews say that it's more suited to smaller hands.
Yeah, it was bad at the time, there were days where my wrist experienced significant pain even doing basic things like pushing down a door handle. It definitely made me take posture/ergonomics and hand exercises more seriously because before that I had spent 15 years slumped in a chair while working.

I think the Lift is probably OK for average sized hands but any bigger than that and you might start to find it too small. I have tiny hands so I'm fine :p

Soldato
i have been using one for work for about a month and its not bad.

Its the wireless version.

It was a bit weird at first havin used a regular mouse for ever, but its not too bad.
Cant say either way just yet if its better than a standard mouse for erganomics but the construction seems fine.

Soldato
I've been using a cheapo version for a few years now and use it for all things, I actually ordered the MX Vertical last month and sent it back, I have pretty large hands and it was uncomfortable for me to use due to the ridge where the bottom of your thumb rests on it, plus it kept switching between input devices which was really annoying and clearly a fault. For the money logitech want for it I expected better and the quality (or lack of rather) of the device itself was no where near worth the 4*+ cost over the cheapo one I have now.

Associate
It takes surprisingly little time to get used to it (it did for me at least), I expected it to take a few weeks to fully adjust but it took 2 days at most

pre

pre

Associate
Logitech Lift actually comes in left or right - it's smaller than the huge Vertical which you end up holding with and almost straight hand vs a small curve.

Associate
I joined the Trackball for life crew about 7 years ago. Mate of mine kept telling me to give it a go. Could never go back to using a regular mouse again. Currently use a MX Ergo and it is truly a life changing experience.

Back
Top Bottom