Associate
YouFibre seem to be sometime in 2025 if I'm lucky so it's time to look at a Openreach FTTP ISP.

I did look favorably on Aquiss but that's now 2 really bad problems people have posted in the span of what, 2 weeks? Like yeah it's good that you get responses but how much do you put up with before you have to really reconsider the choice again? Service is great and all but if you can't basically use the net for days at a time it doesn't mean much.

Man of Honour
YouFibre seem to be sometime in 2025 if I'm lucky so it's time to look at a Openreach FTTP ISP.

I did look favorably on Aquiss but that's now 2 really bad problems people have posted in the span of what, 2 weeks? Like yeah it's good that you get responses but how much do you put up with before you have to really reconsider the choice again? Service is great and all but if you can't basically use the net for days at a time it doesn't mean much.
TBF the issues have been Openreach related IIRC.

Associate
For me this last issue spanned 24 hours starting with a four hour complete loss of service and 24 hours isn't the longest period with an issue in the last year.

While I am happy with Aquiss support, their underlying service comprising their system, City Fibre and OR/BTw hasn't been what I expected no matter which part is at fault. Not all issues are recorded in the Aquiss history or for full time of actual impact based on my experience and while some status updates is still far better than most ISPs, its not a full history.

I am fortunate to have other two other internet service providers as I need the resilience, but if I were to only have one service it would be VM as the last year of Aquiss/OR has had more periods of problems than my VM service has for 5 years by a large margin (and for me VM is 12 to 18 ms max latency so not terrible). I appreciate the VM service could become terrible tomorrow and support would be awful and perhaps I've had an unlucky first year with Aquiss but I can only view on statistics to date.

Caporegime
I think they could be a bit more open about the problems since it clearly isn't a fault that is affecting the entire BT Wholesale customer base in these locations.

Soldato
It's great to see that they are now offering CF as an option.
For those on CF already reading about the OR issues Aquiss have had, this feels like a 'Hold my beer!' moment. CF avoid telling anyone anything in advance wherever possible.

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty interesting. I don't know what they are doing with the 160 package though it's £38. For £4 more you get about 800 Mbps extra. The 160 should be £35 max.

Associate
How's Aquiss so far for everyone? My contract is up with EE 900Mbps, they have been rock solid and can't complain. But exploring other providers to see how they are.
They have offered me £54 as a renewal which isn't bad.

Soldato
OP
How's Aquiss so far for everyone? My contract is up with EE 900Mbps, they have been rock solid and can't complain. But exploring other providers to see how they are.
No dramas for me. We had that one issue with an Openreach line card, but that was fixed very quickly and could have happened to anyone, on any provider. Rock solid service, solid speeds, good latency, great customer service... I can't complain tbh.

Soldato
No problems for me. The Openreach engineer did something not quite right and I lost Internet access the next day but that wasn't an Aquiss mistake and they arranged an engineer very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom