Best Retro Handheld

Soldato
I've got an RG35xx and I have to say it's fantastic. I've had an RP2 and a RP2+ but the simplicity of the RG35xx with GarlicOS is fantastic. Quick to start up, perfect for playing between dealing with the kids!

Soldato
I've got an RG35xx and I have to say it's fantastic. I've had an RP2 and a RP2+ but the simplicity of the RG35xx with GarlicOS is fantastic. Quick to start up, perfect for playing between dealing with the kids!
I had 9 holes on Neo Turf Masters (Neo-Geo CD) on a short train ride. Great fun and quickly boots up and shuts down for quick gaming

Caporegime
Aye that's the one I was following.

I feel I've probably missed something but tinkering after work hasn't been the best idea lol.

There is another guide on YouTube but he doesn’t edit it as well with too much faffing in between. He used a slightly different partition tool.

Pet Northerner
Don
There is another guide on YouTube but he doesn’t edit it as well with too much faffing in between. He used a slightly different partition tool.

managed to get this sorted in the end using a Miyoo Mini list.

Must have been some bad naming from the stock sdcard.

Although all I've been doing is playing pokemon romhacks lol

Last edited:
Associate
Nah, next handheld I buy I want flawless GC and PS2.

Really happy with my RG35xx, working my way though FF8. Only every played disk 1, never finished it.
Same, want flawless GC or ps2. That's pretty much steam deck or 6800u equipped devices I think.

We are getting close though in these cheaper end devices though.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
I've been flicking between wanting the RG35xx, RG353M, RG335V, RG351V.

Really can't decide, although I'd be looking at some of the FF series etc. I wouldn't mind running some of the older PC shooters like Quake, Duke etc. So I can't decide around the thumb sticks.

Love the idea of the 4:3 screen and vertical orientation, but for flights and that I'm wondering if I'd be best with something a big wider like the RG353M.

Really need help deciding! The idea of outputting via HDMI is also tempting... worried about where to order from though based on recent experience with a store on the big orange site.

Edit - Should have said I'm very into the idea of playing with Pico-8 too

Edit 2 - Settled on going over budget on the 353M, fingers crossed it's all I'm hoping for!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well I had a package turn up yesterday and have only had a little bit of time to play with it.

6-FFC4888-7937-4-ACB-88-C6-7-BD4-D3-D8-F128.jpg

Time to re-live my youth :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
This looks awesome. Where can I get it in the uk? If at all ? Thanks !
I’m not sure you can buy from the Uk yet? I bought mine direct from Anbernic.

There is a link on this review for Aliexpress as well.

Back
Top Bottom