Best Retro Handheld

Associate
Added more games and tidied up the folders as I didn’t like how a pack I installed spread out arcade games by developer.

My arcade games are still not working however, assuming it’s to do with the name core choice, should it be the extreme 2003 core on Abernic 35xx.

I opened the config in notepad and changed cps1 games to use the mameplus 2003 as a test? The game loaded which was a positive but was a mess in graphics and performance.

Soldato
Good luck with Saturn. Its stupidly hard to emulate (always has been)

Even Steam deck cant run some games properly. Steam deck wise, its much better running Sega model m2 / m3 arcade through the Proton experimental layer to play games like Virtual fighter 2, Daytona ISA, Scud race etc. plus the arcade version are always better.

RG35XX+ is a definite no go for Saturn… unless you like playing games at 1-3fps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Signed up for the Emulation Station patreon so I could try the Android version on my Odin 2.

Seems pretty good so far, only had time for a quick blast on Mega Drive but I do really like the interface and worked fine as I had Retro Arch set up already.

Loaded my save file and cheats off the bat which is expected since it's just launching RA but I did think it might play up.

Soldato
FYI all, new Anbernic stock firmware out dated 240401. RG35XX+-P-EN64GB-240401

Single file downloads and on wetransfer.com not crapola mega. Testing now

Download is nice and fast too, 67MB/s here.

RG35XXH update: version number 20240330

1. Add scummvm and sega32x emulators

2. Add the trubo delay time control of the FC GBA emulators burst key in the game room

3. Add music player, supporting "flac", "mp3", "wav", "ape", "aif", "aiff", "ogg", "wma", "aac", "m4a", "m4r" etc. format

4. Add file manager, expert mode, e-book reader (supports .txt format)

5. Added Russian, German, French support

https://win.anbernic.com/download/318.html

Last edited:
Caporegime
FYI all, new Anbernic stock firmware out dated 240401. RG35XX+-P-EN64GB-240401

Single file downloads and on wetransfer.com not crapola mega. Testing now

Download is nice and fast too, 67MB/s here.

RG35XXH update: version number 20240330

1. Add scummvm and sega32x emulators

2. Add the trubo delay time control of the FC GBA emulators burst key in the game room

3. Add music player, supporting "flac", "mp3", "wav", "ape", "aif", "aiff", "ogg", "wma", "aac", "m4a", "m4r" etc. format

4. Add file manager, expert mode, e-book reader (supports .txt format)

5. Added Russian, German, French support

https://win.anbernic.com/download/318.html
What's the upgrade procedure? I have the previous version of the firmware and games from the stock SD card.

rp2000

Caporegime
Flash to a new card (at least thats what I did)
I mean if I could somehow upgrade the same card that is running RG35XXH-EN-240222, thereby keeping the content. I do have some spare sd cards, so I could try that way but it will be a pain to transfer the content across between the previous card and the new one.

Edit: Maybe I'm expecting too much, from a company that can't even host their own firmware downloads and uses wetransfer instead :D

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean if I could somehow upgrade the same card that is running RG35XXH-EN-240222, thereby keeping the content. I do have some spare sd cards, so I could try that way but it will be a pain to transfer the content across between the previous card and the new one.

Edit: Maybe I'm expecting too much, from a company that can't even host their own firmware downloads and uses wetransfer instead :D

rp2000
Probably been said a hundred times on this thread but the stock SD cards are junk usually so step 1 is to use a decent, branded one.

Caporegime
Probably been said a hundred times on this thread but the stock SD cards are junk usually so step 1 is to use a decent, branded one.
Yes, I meant the stock image, per se. I already imaged/cloned their card to my own Lexar card. So it's the Lexar card I want to update to the newest firmware, while retaining the content.

Edit: The download is over 36GB, so maybe it already includes the stock content. I'll find out in 30 minutes when it finishes downloading!

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I meant the stock image, per se. I already imaged/cloned their card to my own Lexar card. So it's the Lexar card I want to update to the newest firmware, while retaining the content.

Edit: The download is over 36GB, so maybe it already includes the stock content. I'll find out in 30 minutes when it finishes downloading!

rp2000
I just leave my own roms on a seperate 64GB card. (sandisk extreme pro)
I flashed the anbernic one to another card (sandisk extreme pro)
Also have a crappy stock card for testing
Batocera v40 on a 64GB card (sandisk extreme pro)
MuOS with roms (sandisk extreme 256GB)

All labelled up so I can chop and change as needed

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just leave my own roms on a seperate 64GB card. (sandisk extreme pro)
I flashed the anbernic one to another card (sandisk extreme pro)
Also have a crappy stock card for testing
Batocera v40 on a 64GB card (sandisk extreme pro)
MuOS with roms (sandisk extreme 256GB)

All labelled up so I can chop and change as needed
Weird coincidence :D :D
v0kdeDt.jpeg

The unlabelled one is the one to mess around with.

rp2000

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got my RG35XX setup how I like. Took me days. Everything properly scraped. Using the latest Garlic OS which is great but missing a glaring needed feature i.e a search function

20240408-120536.jpg

Soldato
Loaded the new firmware. Took a while as it's a 64GB image and it does indeed contain all the ROMS that came with the device. Game performance seems same as before. in that they include PSP and DC content, but it's not playable. Back to Batocera.

This one is next on my "to tinker" list

rp2000
They include psp and dc content but its not playable, what isnt playable? …that said, the stock roms are cack anyway. I leave stock roms on sd1 and have mine on sd2.

Ppsspp performance for me so far is best on this stock os update.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got my RG35XX setup how I like. Took me days. Everything properly scraped. Using the latest Garlic OS which is great but missing a glaring needed feature i.e a search function

20240408-120536.jpg
You do know there are plenty of apps for garlic os, a search app is one of them. I’ve forgot the name but sure ive got it installed on mine.

Associate
I really wished I'd ordered more than 3 x rg35xx h's when they were on offer for £18; they make incredible presents for people!

On my own I'm using batocera, take a hile to set up, and I know it sounds weird but I prefer how retroarch looks in stock. Anyone know if that's easily changable in batocera?

Any thoughts on most recen MuOS too?

Cheers :)

Soldato
I really wished I'd ordered more than 3 x rg35xx h's when they were on offer for £18; they make incredible presents for people!

On my own I'm using batocera, take a hile to set up, and I know it sounds weird but I prefer how retroarch looks in stock. Anyone know if that's easily changable in batocera?

Any thoughts on most recen MuOS too?

Cheers :)

The trick is to buy another really cheap sim for one month and create another tiktok account while using the data on that sim and it will give you the new customer deals again after around 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom