*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Yep, as suspected, despite a decent weekend this morning i jumped back up to 103.5kg. Luckily i've been in here long enough to know better than to panic, and i'm happy with how i've eaten/drank/exercised which is about the first time in ages for a weekend. Strava shows over 7 hours of exercise too for last week, so that's getting me back to the levels i want to be at.

EDIT - Had 3 dumps so far this morning. I imagine that's where the stored up weight was :p

I had a big poo yesterday and my weight went down to 86.09.....so close to it start with 85kg, I suspect if I waited another hour and pee and weight myself without my glasses,t he combined weight of them together taken off I would get there lol

But this morning after only a small poo the weight went up to 86.6kg...I am so full of poo :p :eek:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wahoo, it now starts at 85!!!

J8furbEl.jpg

Also, perhaps more importantly, since my dieting started in Feb, my resting heart rate has dropped. (Apple Watch)

ACTayDll.jpg

Soldato
OP
Because they are also the same - that is the problem.
No, most people aren't 21½ stone...? I'm not sure what you mean?

The reason was because of my shape. People we consider 'fat' are generally 'round'.

Also, perhaps more importantly, since my dieting started in Feb, my resting heart rate has dropped. (Apple Watch)
That's awesome! I wish I'd got some Rest HR numbers from before...

Caporegime

I was not paying attention to the heart rate at all but out of nowhere the health up popped up with a message about it being lower in the latest period and was pleasantly surprise. I guess that has as much to do with hitting 10k steps every day than just dieting.

Soldato
Nice progress again @Raymond Lin!

I’ve been knocked for six yet again by another nursery plague. Don’t feel like I’ve been 100% since Christmas. This one is making my super hungry which is annoying. Haven’t ballooned by any means, but have struggled to make any progress with getting leaner. Gym and cycling were going well until this week’s viral illness!

Soldato
Nice progress again @Raymond Lin!

I’ve been knocked for six yet again by another nursery plague. Don’t feel like I’ve been 100% since Christmas. This one is making my super hungry which is annoying. Haven’t ballooned by any means, but have struggled to make any progress with getting leaner. Gym and cycling were going well until this week’s viral illness!
Tell me about it, for 2 weeks I haven't been able to do anything.
Finally back on the bike this weekend.
I seem to be stuck at 90kg.

Last edited:
Associate
No, most people aren't 21½ stone...? I'm not sure what you mean?

The reason was because of my shape. People we consider 'fat' are generally 'round'.

Most people unfortunately are "round". The perception of what looks like "normal weight" is distorted even when referring to young children.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Most people unfortunately are "round".
Hmm, we must just operate in very different circles.

Mind you, you said they are the same as me... then you said they are round. So, maybe make up your mind? At the same time, it kinda backs up my point. I was not round, so not really considered 'fat', but I was very overweight.

Associate
Hmm, we must just operate in very different circles.

Mind you, you said they are the same as me... then you said they are round. So, maybe make up your mind? At the same time, it kinda backs up my point. I was not round, so not really considered 'fat', but I was very overweight

If you live in the UK the majority of the population has an unhealthy weight (call it whatever you want). Suggesting that we operate in different cycles supports my point.

Soldato
OP
Suggesting that we operate in different cycles supports my point.
How so? I'm saying most of my friends aren't overweight. How does that support your point that everyone is? To me it opposes it. (I've said why you're supporting my point)

Again though, saying most of the population looks fat/round supports my post you quoted from 4 years ago... :rolleyes: ...as I didn't.

**EDIT** In fact, just to put some numbers/facts to it. If I look at the team I work with, there are 10 in the UK, only one could be described as 'round'... given I work in Web development, you wouldn't expect them to be very fitness focused. Then, my closer friends (not including the cyclists as I get that isn't fair) there aren't really any 'round' friends. There's a big guy, but he';s a rugby player, so not really 'round'.

Just to throw in, I found a Nuffield graph showing only 40% of the population not being overweight, but as discussed, this is based on BMI... so kind of useless when talking about people looking 'round'. Very unlikely that 'most people look round'.

I don't fancy carrying this on tbh, unless you have anything actually useful to discuss more than 'yeah, that supports my point' without any backing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do think there is a difference between those who are bigger but carry weight all over their body, and may have increased muscle mass compared to those that have sticks for arms and legs and a lovely round / fat belly when you think about who is and isn't "fat". I certainly carried my weight (when fully clothed) fairly well considering I was up nearly 120KG- I know plenty of people much lighter than me at the same height that you'd consider to be fat because their arms and legs are really lean / slight while their torso isn't

Soldato
Yesterday I was 2440kcal under my goal. According to MFP if everyday was like that I’d be 88kg in 5 weeks.

Bring it on!

You’ll go negative or turn into a black hole if you keep up that deficit! Hope you’re finding some focus and that you’re not too distracted by the nice weather, food and surroundings (got hailed on today, somewhat jealous of people enjoying the sun!).

Oh and for what it’s worth, BMI is a pretty daft measure on an individual level. Waist:hip ratio gives a much more accurate representation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, just about managing. Having set myself a rule of no wine at home is helping. Because my wife doesn't do well with wine anymore with her illness, and bottle bought is generally consumed in the night by me, then i'd also throw in some beers before opening the wine. Beer recently has been bloating me, so at most i'm having 2-3 330ml cans of beer and then it's during the day/early evening with nothing at night.

It's also helping me wake up feeling better which is nice. I think the real turning point was when waking up after a full bottle of red wine just felt normal, and i think that's got to be a lesson things are too much!

I'm looking forward to the next house rental too. Where we are now is on a cul-de-sac and so my wife has the metal shutters virtually fully closed because lots of light shines into the bedroom all night long. In the next place it's quieter and more remote so we can go back to having it more open so the morning sun comes in more naturally and hopefully means i can get up early to exercise. Something i need to be strict on before the temps really ramp up.

Back
Top Bottom