Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
Just had my renewal through today
37, 5 years NCB. Gsx8s. Garaged. £520 fully comp, that's up about £50 from last year

Found a few quotes for around £100 less so I'll be doing some shopping around
Finally got around so sorting this today.
Ended up with Bemoto. £372 for their titanium cover, so breakdown and helmet/leathers cover too.
Pretty pleased as Devvit was considerably more expensive and didn't even try to keep me.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Approx £1k quotes for me on a Triumph Speed Twin, 54 years old. But newish rider, no NCD and a recent (non fault) accident.

Ouch.
Apparently, even if its 100% 3rd parties fault, your insurance still goes up as in the insurers eyes you're a higher risk.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Driving up the M1 today and in front of me was a rider with a pillion. I assume his girlfriend. He started weaving about in his lane and the girl on the back started swaying in unison, almost dancing on the back of the bike. They looked so happy.

I've started looking around for bikes. I miss riding too much :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I went on the Norfolk Police Safe Rider course yesterday. What a great day. The classroom session was last Tuesday - today was the glorious practical session! Really good event, well planned and executed on some great roads. Good times!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Finally got around so sorting this today.
Ended up with Bemoto. £372 for their titanium cover, so breakdown and helmet/leathers cover too.
Pretty pleased as Devvit was considerably more expensive and didn't even try to keep me.
BeMoto were great to me for over 10 years, but this year they came up double on my policy and couldn't do anything about it - >£300 on a 2019 Himalayan vs £95 with Bennets with similar cover.

Man of Honour
You can tell the sun is out, some very questionable riding by CBTers in the last few days. Nearly had a bonnet ornament on the way to work this morning.

Soldato
Oh the memories & the prices..

lNkjNnx.png

I had a Micron on my MBX125 (and a full head sorting from the bike shop where I worked when I was 17) and iirc a Allspeed on my FS1e, which did (in my head) 60 mph.

Associate
Think it was a micron on my first bike as well:D
Was your fairing timmed a little at the top? I had two in succession, the second one I got me a very posh (used) black Micron. It instantly went nowhere until about 5000 rpm and then went potty to about 6500 haha. The later powervalve made sense but I loved mine. I have no idea how many miles I did on them both but it was a lot including through two winters. My first came from Bob Gotts in Norwich, the second came from a private seller near North Walsham. Wish I'd got photo's :rolleyes: , both mine were the more common white with the red.

Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick, breathe, kick kick kick kick kick...

Back
Top Bottom