BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
BMW has gone from the i8 and the 8 series to monstrosities like the current 1 series, 4 series and the ix sigh

I don't think the 1 Series looks that bad at all, particularly compared to the recent cars they've released.

I'll be lambasted into oblivion for liking the stick on tat but do think it smartens it up. I think the black hides some of the ugliness.

The grey trim is nice because it sets the M135i apart from the rest of the range, but when you change it all to black trim it just makes it look like another 118i M Sport.

Last edited:
Soldato
The grey trim is nice because it sets the M135i apart from the rest of the range, but when you change it all to black trim it just makes it look like another 118i M Sport.

That is very true! If it hadn't been done already I don't think I would have gone to the trouble to do it but don't mind it. Does change the image of the car.

Do you know if it's possible to retrofit adaptive cruise? This car seems to have most options apart from the sunroof and Driver Assistant Package. It's the only thing I really miss from the Mini JCW even thought it wasn't very reliable. I may be getting mixed up with the copious amounts of options names...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think the 1 Series looks that bad at all, particularly compared to the recent cars they've released.
true. but i'd argue that "not that bad" is not the same as "good" looking
i get that bmw wants to make their cars outstanding, but i'd rather the car be outstanding because it looks good, than being outstanding because it has a look that only a mother could love lol

Man of Honour
That is very true! If it hadn't been done already I don't think I would have gone to the trouble to do it but don't mind it. Does change the image of the car.

Do you know if it's possible to retrofit adaptive cruise? This car seems to have most options apart from the sunroof and Driver Assistant Package. It's the only thing I really miss from the Mini JCW even thought it wasn't very reliable. I may be getting mixed up with the copious amounts of options names...

Have a look in the BMW connected drive store as if it has the correct hardware you can sometimes pay to add things.

Man of Honour
Do you know if it's possible to retrofit adaptive cruise?
does the car have the front radar on the nose of the car, if not i can expect it would be quite difficult

not to mention the invalidation of the warranty you've just spent £340 on...especially when it comes to the electrics/electronics as the aftermarket parts would automatically be blamed, regardless if it was the cause or not

Last edited:
Man of Honour
does the car have the front radar on the nose of the car, if not i can expect it would be quite difficult

All 1 Series have this already, although I think on this platform the adaptive cruise control uses the camera system rather than radar?

Either way, it might well be that it can be enabled after you've added the car to your Connected Drive account. So it's worth checking there.

Man of Honour
Would you not need the steering wheel buttons on the left hand side for Driving Assistant Pro (or similar), the standard cruise buttons won't work with it.

Example (from an M135i) -

r18DUkD.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would you not need the steering wheel buttons on the left hand side for Driving Assistant Pro (or similar), the standard cruise buttons won't work with it.

Probably, I think I've seen some BMW X5 with those buttons but without adaptive cruise, which are probably the cars the upgrade is available for. It's advertised when you log in, but then tells you it won't work on my car :D

Soldato

not to mention the invalidation of the warranty you've just spent £340 on...especially when it comes to the electrics/electronics as the aftermarket parts would automatically be blamed, regardless if it was the cause or not

That right there is a very good point! :cry:

Will leave it well alone!

Last edited:
Soldato

Example (from an M135i) -

r18DUkD.jpeg
Yeah, don't have these buttons and would need them to adjust distance control let alone the possible radar. When I got the Mini it came with a factory Alcantara wheel with the old LCI buttons on it. It didn't have the distance control buttons on it so complained and my local dealer made it right and changed the fascia to incorporate them.

I had a look around at other M135i before getting this one and it seems a very rare option. Possibly due to chip shortage? Who knows.

Man of Honour
Yeah, don't have these buttons and would need them to adjust distance control let alone the possible radar. When I got the Mini it came with a factory Alcantara wheel with the old LCI buttons on it. It didn't have the distance control buttons on it so complained and my local dealer made it right and changed the fascia to incorporate them.

I had a look around at other M135i before getting this one and it seems a very rare option. Possibly due to chip shortage? Who knows.

It's just a pretty rare option on BMW's. The vast majority of 7 Series don't have it, nevermind anything else. :(

Hasn't it been standard on all VW Golf's since 2013/14? Madness really!

Soldato
It's just a pretty rare option on BMW's. The vast majority of 7 Series don't have it, nevermind anything else. :(

Hasn't it been standard on all VW Golf's since 2013/14? Madness really!

Yeah, seems mad that it's not standard fit really! A GTE from 2014 was the first car I saw with it. We had a fleet of 1.5 Golf Match and they all had it. The Cupra Leon VZ1 which replaced those do not however...they do have a heated steering wheel though! (But no heated seats...)

Man of Honour
That's not the part of the visibility pack, you must have the advanced parking pack to have that, so I'd imagine it's got the Premium Pack which gives you that as well as a sunroof and memory seats? Really good specification!

Back
Top Bottom