Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2022, Interlagos - Race 21

Rate the São Paulo (don’t call it the Brazilian) Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People who have never worked or operated in truly competitive environments to become a top class athlete will never be able to understand the connection.

the championship is already sawn up, Perez in the past has helped max and it was request from the team and its good for team morale , Unless something has really gone on behind the scenes we dont know about , cant defend it tbh

Associate
the championship is already sawn up, Perez in the past has helped max and it was request from the team and its good for team morale , Unless something has really gone on behind the scenes we dont know about , cant defend it tbh
More like, you wont defend it because you dont understand his reasons nor have operated in a similar capacity of money, stress and risk, so are happy to just class him as immoral.

Soldato
More like, you wont defend it because you dont understand his reasons nor have operated in a similar capacity of money, stress and risk, so are happy to just class him as immoral.

Till we know because reasons he mentioned I will standby what I think
SO why has Perez helped him in the past ? I know he is no2 but this wouldnt have meant much for MAX giving up the place unless he wants some kind of record for most points in a season ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Max showing his character again, its utter face palm time that people are still struggling to understand he's a ****.

He's shown time and again he can race against others, but as soon as Hamiltons there he drives in to him - as he admitted in the post race interview - deserved time penalty. There is no defence against it given he admitted it.

Perez, well I hate Red Bull right now, their team culture is toxic, arrogant, not classy. However I'm fully supporting Perez's comment that Max wouldn't have his titles without him which is true, so Max doing what he did was yet another low low scummy moment from him, given their track positions and all titles wrapped up - pathetic, as is the excuses I've seen from the max fanboys. Can't wait to see Perez screw Max over, Max deserves it - I can already imagine Max wining about it when it happens, he's very predictable & needs to grow up.

AMAZING performance from the Silver Arrows!! Where did they find the speed ?!?!?! Absolutely awesome, I hope that's the case next season - Amazing drive from Russell, what a dude !

fez

fez

Caporegime

Are you seriously suggesting that despite Max having already wrapped up the championship and having won last season directly because his teammate put him first he isn't in the wrong for disobeying team orders. Oh and this wasn't even for a race win. Max is a very good driver but the driver is about 5% in F1. Max is nothing without that car and the hundred/thousands of people that built it and support his efforts on the track.

The vast vast majority of elite level sportsmen manage to behave with some level of decency and humility. I'd love to hear about how stressful and risky the race was for Max though. Max is a *****, his dad is an even larger ***** and he is at a team led by a bit of a *****. Unsurprising that this is the outcome.

Associate
Are you seriously suggesting that despite Max having already wrapped up the championship and having won last season directly because his teammate put him first he isn't in the wrong for disobeying team orders. Oh and this wasn't even for a race win. Max is a very good driver but the driver is about 5% in F1. Max is nothing without that car and the hundred/thousands of people that built it and support his efforts on the track.

The vast vast majority of elite level sportsmen manage to behave with some level of decency and humility. I'd love to hear about how stressful and risky the race was for Max though. Max is a *****, his dad is an even larger ***** and he is at a team led by a bit of a *****. Unsurprising that this is the outcome.
Again, unless you are at the top of the top in elite competition, you have no idea what you are talking about nor have any idea the pressures and stress these people go through.
Some have humility with it and are happy playing 2nd best when they know there is someone better, in their own team.
I expect it's mostly to do with Max wanting to set the highest maximum points total in a season he can.

Doubt anything else was going through his mind until prompted by the team / media.
Thank the ******* lord, a poster who actually understands and gets it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've re-watched the Monaco crash of Perez. I'll be honest.... I can't tell if that's deliberate. I think sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say... don't know. I don't think we will ever know unless Perez has confirmed it verbally to someone that he did say it was deliberate. That would be highly unlikely because to admit that would warrant harsh penalties to possibly not just himself but the Redbull team for manipulating things artificially and unsafely. Nobody can be allowed to deliberately crash. This has happened before at Monaco with Schumacher and Rosberg and the FIA cleared Nico of it when it was much more blatant. Schumi I seem to recall got away with it as well. The problem is these things are very hard to prove even with all the telemetry. It really needs a driver to come out and say it was deliberate and like I say, Perez would never do that as it's suicide. He may however, have been coerced into saying it "privately" inside a Redbull internal meeting. This would not be as surprising. This may then have got back to Max and then Max has brough disrepute to Redbull and the sport by publicly bringing it up in a live race as the "revenge case" we saw. This is all completely just guesswork though. Perhaps more details will come through.

I think the main issue people will have is that the championship is gone and Max should clearly have maximized benefit to the team by letting Perez through. To directly state live on air that he is and will continue to defy team orders for Perez, is highly damaging. The thing is... will Redbull even care? He is the golden boy and priority number 1, as they will always see success through Max. RB are used to controversy and games, so it's just another day at the office really. Christian will turn it into something to their benefit when speaking publicly about it, or, he'll claim we are being nasty asking about it and play the victim.

I do think F1 need to bring in a rule that if you crash or cause a red flag, or affect quali in these ways, you take a grid drop or penalty or lose your time or something. We've seen it too many times where the fast guy goes and sets a great time early, and then can go hell for leather again going out first in the final dying moments only to crash and ruin all further laps due to clock time running out. It kind of happened with George this weekend when he lost it in a similar way bringing out the red. Maybe they could add 2 minutes on for each red flag maybe. Not sure but feels like it could easily be addressed.

Soldato
I still would like to see VSC and SC changed to come up with a system where gaps and advantages are truly maintained and to ban pitting under either. It feels like almost every race we have a SC now. It is pretty much at the state where if a car stops on track due to an issue, we have one. I'm not sure if we just have less gaps in the tracks these days where they can leave safely but this is only going to happen more and more where teams radio the driver to stop because they want to preserve what they can of the car, in this era where there is such limitations on parts having to "save the car". Also, why does it take like 10 laps to push a Mclaren off the track? I saw it rolling so assume they could move it. Just seems to take too long. Then the FIA still can't sort out the ordering and restart procedure it seems. One guy was left mid pack I think. Shambolic.

Associate
I do think F1 need to bring in a rule that if you crash or cause a red flag, or affect quali in these ways, you take a grid drop or penalty or lose your time or something. We've seen it too many times where the fast guy goes and sets a great time early, and then can go hell for leather again going out first in the final dying moments only to crash and ruin all further laps due to clock time running out. It kind of happened with George this weekend when he lost it in a similar way bringing out the red. Maybe they could add 2 minutes on for each red flag maybe. Not sure but feels like it could easily be addressed.
Up for this, I think it should more be the rule that if you need your car recovered during quali session that your time is removed. May not be back of the grid, but should be at the bottom of those quali session and participants.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Also, why does it take like 10 laps to push a Mclaren off the track? I saw it rolling so assume they could move it. Just seems to take too long. Then the FIA still can't sort out the ordering and restart procedure it seems. One guy was left mid pack I think. Shambolic.
Agree with this, that all took far too long.

Soldato
I expect it's mostly to do with Max wanting to set the highest maximum points total in a season he can.
He already beat that in Mexico. Next excuse?

Incorrect. I aint watching no link from a race a year ago for the sake of someone who is crying at the rules.
The stewards did their job last year, they read the rules and deemed said overtakes as legal and moved on. So whats the problem? As we established in one of my earlier replies to you, you seem to be mad at the rules of driving and what the stewards have to enforce which does allow for gay racing at times.
"Gay" racing? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Agree with this, that all took far too long.
I thought this was to do with the nature of the retirement and the electrical systems in the car potentially making it a "live" car and not ideal to touch.
He already beat that in Mexico. Next excuse?
if you were ever competitive, beating it isnt enough, you do your upmost to set a target that then isnt beat-able, this is literally infant school level stuff mate.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Again, unless you are at the top of the top in elite competition, you have no idea what you are talking about nor have any idea the pressures and stress these people go through.
Some have humility with it and are happy playing 2nd best when they know there is someone better, in their own team.

Ahh the old, you don't know the pressure he is under argument. Its complete BS. The season is done. He has won. His teammate helped him out and put him first. Anyone with an ounce of decency would return the favour. Being at the top is stressful.... at times. Not when you have already won. Not when you should be enjoying yourself and the pressure is off.

You are applying the arguments of pressure and stress when there is none of the normal pressure or stress. He has walked the season.

What pressure and stress is Max currently under in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom