British Airways business class seating sucks on the A380

Don
None of the A380's as yet have been fitted with the CW cabin suite which is in the 787,777,A350 having had the opportunity on each with BA always choose anything other than the A380 which you can at booking time through BA's site

[
20240305-125951.jpg

20240305-150859.jpg
it's not on most 787s

nam

nam

Soldato
it's not on most 787s
They are being retro-fitted, the 787's i have been on to the ME have all had the CW cabin suites

Associate
Old BC is rubbish, flew on both the old and new on the A350. Wasn't impressed by the A350 one either, it's just a slightly customized super diamond seat by BE/Rockwell Collins and not very well specified either.

Associate
Randomly, Turning Left for Less just posted an update on the state of the Club Suites throughout the BA Fleet.

Spoiler - it isn’t as good as I thought it was but the pandemic won’t have helped that…

Soldato
This. Budget service for premium prices, I always avoid BA if possible

Flew cheap to the US the other year, myself with American and boss with BA. He had nothing at all on board, less room and a generally crap pair of flights. I had too much food, a beer and a decent selection of movies to sit and watch for 9 hours.

Soldato
My only experience of BA was in 2006 - flying back business class upper deck HK to LHR sick as a dog.
After basically being soo ill in the upper deck loo, the stewardess didn’t bat an eyelid, genuinely sounded concerned and I the passed out in the cramped (for 6’4) business class. 14 hour flight and I remember about 2 hours of it. It was the last leg of a business trip that went from LHR on the monday -> Dubai (2 days) -> Bahrain forced qatar 24h due to weather -> Manilla (military coup friday morning) forced to stay weekend, client meeting monday (almost comatosed of dehydration) -> HK -> LHR monday.

I still think Singapore airlines had the best food in business class.. proper steak :)

BA lost “the worlds favourite airline” about 10-15 years ago. It is something they are aware of and the civil service with wings is genuinely wants to change. It just needs a good kick up the behind and remove some of the cultural issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom