Builind a mini Linux based retro system

Associate
Hello, just wondering if anyone can help.

I am wanting to build a mini retro gaming pc and don't know what type of itx motherboard I need for my old 4th gen i7 (which I bought here many mana moons ago)

Any advice would be grand on where to get cases for this too.

Thanks

Soldato
B85, Z87/Z97, H87/H97 chipset motherboards will be what you need. Not sure what sort of prices they’re going for now, as it’ll all be used market now.

I’ve used an Asrock B85M-ITX before, but not sure if it’d be up to the task of an i7 without undervolt/underclock. Also owned an Asus H97I Plus before with an i7 and found it to be a no nonsense, decent board.

Cases, I guess we can only say to look on the OcUK store... :D

Associate
OP
B85, Z87/Z97, H87/H97 chipset motherboards will be what you need. Not sure what sort of prices they’re going for now, as it’ll all be used market now.

I’ve used an Asrock B85M-ITX before, but not sure if it’d be up to the task of an i7 without undervolt/underclock. Also owned an Asus H97I Plus before with an i7 and found it to be a no nonsense, decent board.

Thank you very much, I will have a look around the OcUK shop. Appreciate the starting point.

Associate
OP

I wonder if I got the spec version of this

i could swap the course out? Or am I being stupid

Back
Top Bottom