C8 incoming

Associate
Some nice improvements over the O11 and its variants.
Personally I’m done for fish tank designs but nice to see the column creating an almost sealed tunnel between the rear panel and the side fan bracket. Support for 140mm also a plus, without going too big on dimensions.
Clearance from floor is good, air filter implementation is good.
Like the fact that control and ports are on the top, as most cases now are designed to be on desks, despite some of their gargantuan size.
Would love to see the use of adjustable rails instead brackets, as any fan size wouldn’t be partially blocked. More of an issue when behind an intake fan (can create unnecessary noise). And some blanking plates to cover any area where the bracket is visible because of the fan size used. Aesthetics, I know, but as a fish tank, where looks is everything, the build should be as clean as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nvm it will fit

Was wondering about a bottom rad+fans and then a vertical mount. That wont fit in a o11

But because this isnt as wide as a o11, will it fit a rad at the back and the bottom, then have room for wires behind the back rad?

Ive got loads of wires behind the rad because i have my pump/res and my psu behind the motherboard

Last edited:
Associate
I've been thinking about swapping my black o11 dynamic XL for a white case and this fits the bill nicely (and is only £99 lol). One thing about vertical GPU mounting though, is there a specific bracket / riser available for this case or are they a common design nowadays?

Associate
@Ace Modder I took the plunge... I'm really impressed with the quality for £99 and there are some really nice touches (like plastic washers on the thumbscrews so you don't wear away the white finish). Some of the plastic used in areas you don't see is a little cheap though: the screw mounts in one of the feet broke in my hand as I was unpacking it. I suppose it could have taken a knock in transit but the plastic did feel a little brittle. I CBA RMA'ing so I've just glued it :)

As you might imagine from the looks it's very, VERY similar to the o11 dynamic XL that it has replaced but is ever so slightly smaller in each direction, though not meaningfully so: other than in the rear chamber where the cable management was a bit more of a squeeze (also made more difficult by one of the drive cages not being removable).

It lacks some of the nice touches of the o11 dynamic XL such as the removable panels on the back of the case for hot-swapping drives or running cables, the LED strip on the front and blank plates for the side fan mounts (if you're not installing fans) but, hey, it's half the price.

Kicking myself for buying the wrong vertical GPU riser too so my graphics card is horizontal for the time being (oh the shame). I broke the retaining clip on my white 24 pin PSU cable too :(

And yes, it was propped up with fan boxes for the pic :D

antec-c8.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Honestly not sure currently. I have the case here but I don't have a vertical GPU mount kit for me to test. I will ask my HQ whether it has the space.

It looks like it will just about or just not be able too from the images we have.

NCtDEAC.png

I guess it may depend on what V-Mount you use and also what rad/fans you use. But let me find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks.

I have the o11 dynamic at the moment but im flogging the full pc, so thinking of getting this case. But the issue i had with the o11 was that with a v-mounted gpu, i could fit fans but no rad at the bottom.

Im wanting 3 x 360 rads. Not that i need 3, I just want 3

Back
Top Bottom