Car hire in Limassol

Associate
Off to Cyprus for 2 weeks in July. Thinking of hiring a car for 7 days around the middle of our stay. Only need a small car with aircon.

What is the best way to do this and from where? We will already be at the hotel but thinking arranging via the hotel may be more expensive.

Associate
We used to have an apartment in Cyprus and after trying a few, we were recommended these guys on an Cyprus owners group on FB

Used them over a dozen times. What you have to watch out for with others is all the hidden extras they scare you with when you arrive to collect. Collision waiver, windscreen, extra drivers, they can be a nightmare.

They’ll nearly all charge you for a tank of fuel and you return empty, Stephen’s does half a tank return empty. Several others will get you to Jump on a 10 to 15 minute minibus to collect the car at their office.

With Stephens, a rep meets you in the airport, they’ll hold a card up at the arrivals exit. You sign the paperwork at an available seat, they’ll drive the car up to the exit door and you’re on your way in minutes. On returning you call the reps mobile number, when you set off for the airport, you pull up to drop off and they’ll be there waiting.

Prebook, July their will only be extortionate prices left in July, you’ve already left it a bit late, we always booked 10-12 months in advance.

The extra Larnaca airport charge is to cover car parking charge whilst they wait for you to arrive. I know you’re probably thinking you’ll take the coach to the hotel, seriously consider making your own way if you are hiring a car anyway. You’ll be first at the hotel checking in way before the rest and at the end of the holiday you’re in control of when you leave for the airport

Last edited:
Soldato
I rented a car for about 3 days when we were in Cyprus a few years ago, did it from the hotel and thought the price was fine tbh, obviously good enough I didn't feel the need to shop around and it was super convenient.

We got a jeep type, which I was glad of as we went up some real rough trails, 4wd required, which led to some stunning views atop the hills.

Back
Top Bottom