Caporegime
Well if it's not spam there seem to be a lot of timewasters that will make an initial post and then never reply.

How do you know they didn't read the initial replies? Just because they don't want to carry on posting in GD or in the hardware sections doesn't mean they didn't have a genuine question here.

Mind boggles that you still think this is genuine, who wakes up one day and thinks I know what I am going to do, go and get loads of degrees with no idea at all what job I want to do..

Who the **** goes to uni with no idea of what job they want to do after coming out the other side

Plenty of people - you guys are falling into a sort of knee-jerk response where something unusual -> spam, scam etc.. without considering why. In this case there is no way you'd be able to know from the OP itself, it's only the lack of follow-up posts that has made people suspicious days later... after the fact.

Obviously, for lots of people joining a forum would lead to more participation but that doesn't negate that someone might ask a question because it's high on the Google search results - as pointed out someone else did that just last month too and only made a few follow up posts in that thread.

Anyway, it seems he is a real person:

I don't think people should really claim someone is a spammer without good reason to etc.. less of an issue here as it happened a while after OP posted but I've seen it happen before with new members and it's probably a bit off-putting, especially when it happens right after their first post, unless something is really obviously spam or a scam I'm sure the mods can deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom