Championship/EFL Thread 23/24

Man of Honour
I'm having a year 2000 flashback, I spent summer 2000 working for Ipswich Town dealing with season tickets while home from University the last time they got promoted.

Great to see them back up again, hope it's a 2000-2001, not a 2001-2002 year next year.

Soldato
Well done, Ipswich. It was an epic season. I can only hope you sign wisely in the summer to try and compete.
Well I've never thought I'd live to see this day. Only the second league club to my knowledge this century to achieve this! :D
That is up there with our FA and UEFA cup wins 46 & 43 years ago.

OK, I'll be realistic. 2001 Finish wont happen. If we buy right we will cause some upsets. Our target next season is 17th place. If we don't start well Mackenna & his team could be lured away & we'll forced to call in Allardyce :rolleyes:
I won't be upset if we only spend one season there. If Norwich come up as well then if we finish above them I'll be happy.

Soldato
Hull have sacked Liam Rosenior as he didn't get them promoted, seems a bit bonkers given where they finished last season and as he was nominated for manager of the year...

Soldato
Hull have sacked Liam Rosenior as he didn't get them promoted, seems a bit bonkers given where they finished last season and as he was nominated for manager of the year...

Aye crazy decision, only gotta look at Birmingham as to how well it went for them firing a popular manager doing well

Associate
After first league of EFL championship play-offs; none of the teams managed a goal, I'd certainly suggest in our match Wagner was going with his previous Huddersfield approach of not scoring any goals and relying on penalties.
As for Wembley finalists, favourites must be both home teams now. Wouldn't be surprsied if Leeds wazz 2/3 past us with ease.

Don
OP
I didn't watch the WBA game, but the Leeds one was very much like a pre-season friendly, with not much intensity from either side. I was happy with the performance and getting a draw, it still could go either way at Elland Road; it was a fortress for 95% of the season, then became horrendous at the end of the season, so who knows?

Back
Top Bottom