City Fibre

Associate
Had first outage in a good few months last night, was off for around 15 minutes between 21:45 & 22:00, ONT was lit up fine. No status update from no one as yet.

Also in South Yorkshire on No One but had no outage.
The hourly dropped packets are when my scheduled speedtests occur.
DHvlTmZ.png

Soldato
My Yayzi connection has been horrendous during peak times. Latency has been awful and speeds have been been below the 1200mb I pay for. I'm tempting to change providers and I'm swaying towards aquiss at the moment.

Soldato
My Yayzi connection has been horrendous during peak times. Latency has been awful and speeds have been been below the 1200mb I pay for. I'm tempting to change providers and I'm swaying towards aquiss at the moment.

Sounds like congestion, had that before with a VM connection that had too much load on it and couldn't do anything until they upgraded the hardware in the green box on the street.

Soldato

They’ve investigated and reckon its a CF port capacity issue which is scheduled to be upgraded ‘soon’.

Soldato
Why exactly?
If you check out their forums you'll see the issues people have been having with them lately. Connections dropping, Geo locations messed up, not giving people the static IP they're paying for, I believe it was in October they told people they'll be swapping to IPV 6 within weeks and yet it still hasn't happened, and now this...

Soldato
I have seen a fair few reports of yayzi peak time issues, and notably on the vast majority of them the yayzi rep doesnt comment back. Whilst at the same time other ISPs on CF's network dont seem to be having the same issues.

I would expect any of the existing established players to solve the issue such as aquiss, idnet, and aaisp.

This is a cityfibre connection on an established ISP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Yep, as I said they diagnosed the capacity issue as being on the CF port and have an upgrade happening imminently. Ideally they would have identified it prior to it being a customer impacting issue, and allowed for the upgrade lead time before anyone noticed, but if i'm honest, that's not generally the residential way.

Back
Top Bottom