Cobra Kai

Associate
I know I'm pretty sad, but I loved the karate kid films as a kid. Not sure what to make of this though as the actors are both in their fifties and not sure about the whole premise of it....Thoughts?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/04/karate-kid-reboot-youtube-red-2018/

gettyimages-826415122_-_h_2017.jpg

Soldato
I can't see this working without Pat Morita as an even older Mr Miyagi, actually no one should mention it as some CGI monkey will probably Tarkin him up in badly acted and innapropriate to the character scenes.

Caporegime
First trailer has been released. It doesn’t look comedic at all to me, quite serious. Anyway, I don’t care what the low expectations or pessimism levels are, I loved the karate kid movies and absolutely stoked to see this, if not for the quality, then for the nostalgia.

COME ON DANIEL SAN!!!

Soldato

I'm glad it's self aware enough to realise how many people actually liked Johnny more than Daniel in the original, Johnny may have had a bad teacher but he was cool whereas Daniel was just a cocky **** who had a better teacher to keep him in line.

For those who never realised it, Daniel was always a **** he just had Miyagi to keep him in line. In the first film his problems mostly stem from him being a **** to the Cobras, he gets banned from the football team for attacking Bobby just because he tackled him and won the ball, hell Miyagi only offers to help him because he sees Daniel getting beaten up following his unprovoked attack on Johnny at the Halloween party and then Daniel whines that he's the one being bullied.

The only reason people ever saw Daniel as a nice guy and not the cocky **** who brings everything on himself that he is is because that's how he was presented, it's like in Top Gun where hardly anyone actually noticed the Americans were the aggressors/villians in the final battle because they had been presented all film as the heroes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom