connecting two monitors at 4k at 165hz

Associate
Hello all,

I have two Samsung odyssey neo g7 4k 165hz monitors that I want to run together on my rtx 4080.

Any idea how I go about with keeping both 4k and 165hz on both? Is that even logically possible?

Have done some brief reading around on the web but did not quite find what I am looking.

Cheers

Associate
Just plug them in and set them up however you want. No reason you cant have 4L 165hz on both at the same time.

I have the same screen, works with both DP and HDMI 2.1 but I find HDMI initializes quicker than. Make sure you have updated to the latest firmware from Samsunds website as setting them up can be a fit random on the earlier versions.

Associate
OP
Just plug them in and set them up however you want. No reason you cant have 4L 165hz on both at the same time.

I have the same screen, works with both DP and HDMI 2.1 but I find HDMI initializes quicker than. Make sure you have updated to the latest firmware from Samsunds website as setting them up can be a fit random on the earlier versions.
thanks! Yes, I updated the firmware to 1009 which appears to be the latest one released in November 2023. I have been checking to see if they have released anything new but I guess they probably have now moved on from this particular series by now.

Going to invest in another good hdmi 2.1 cable then.

Associate
Depends on how many HDMI outputs your 4080 has, IIRC most Nvidia 4 series only have one HDMI out, 3 DP. So you may end up with a HDMI 2.1 and DP cable to run them both.

Back
Top Bottom